1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Letter to V-SPAN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Foutixx, Jul 4, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Letter to spanoulis: Your neck hair sucks too.

2. FFz

FFz Member

Letter to vspan: SHAVE all that facial hair is blocking your vision making u turn the ball over!

3. thesaint

thesaint Member

Actually besides the way he played against USA team, he really showed signs of being a good player overall, not only when he was playing for Greece but also for Rockets. He he did commit tons of turnovers n stuff but it was simply Rookie mistake n its not easy to play in different country n in the NBA. It sucks that he never got the minutes to show what he can do n maybe hes to blame himself for it.

So from my POV, i actually think he has the skills that Rockets could have used n could have improved his game alot more if he dedicated himself to prove something, but he quit!!

4. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

Shroopy,

it is NOT his right to do what makes him happy. He signed a contract for three years to play for the Rockets. That is what he must do. His posturing and refusing to honor his contract are the problem. I can empathize that he is homesick, but he is REFUSING to honor his contract.

A real man will honor his commitments. Troy Aikman, as an example, had won a super bowl and was asked would he try to renogotiate as he was grossly underpaid. He simply and cooly stated, I am under contract for two more years, and I am quite sure when my next contract is discussed this will be taken into account.

The thing that bugs me is that Billy is DEMANDING that the Rockets let him out of their contract with him. Not so much what he is doing, but HOW he is doing it. It's embarassing and weak and humiliating.

Well, many here had high hopes for him, but he is his own worst enemy.

5. tutone88

tutone88 Member

That whiny little b*tch signed a contract. Maybe he should of thought about the fact that he can't suckle his momma's teat in the US before taking our $1.8 million. He has been an utter waste and a disgrace. Maybe the worst Rocket of all time.

I'm all for letting him go back to momma. Good riddance.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice letter, helps some of us American's understand his personal issues.

Yao moved over with his family which I am sure helped out a ton, Billy should have come over with his mom or a friend......

Oh, well, he has a contract, let' see what happens.

DD

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

cry me a river. Yao handled it pretty well and despite VSpan's ego, Yao's definetely faced more hate than anyone else on the roster.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

damn "funrners" cant abide by their contractual obligations

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Great letter, hope it can wake up Span.
    Now I understand why I did not see many Greek soccer players in those top European leagues. They play best soccer but do not go out of their country.

10. hotballa

I think VSpan just wants to get traded to a city which can better accomodate his Greek tendencies. Perhaps Golden State or NY

11. Astockmarketgod

better yet... Vspan should have brought his Mom to the states...

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

greek tendencies?

[​IMG]

13. hotballa

:D didnt you post a bestiality pic last time??

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i dont think so. even i have my limits :D

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you are more NBA-ready than Sam Cassell, you don't need your mom to live with you.

16. franchise?..NOT

Just another prima donna. Lots of 'em in the world of entertainment and sports.

Let him pay back his FIBA buyout to the Rox.

Make him pay a buyout for his Rox NBA contract and make sure we retain his NBA rights so he can't change his mind and go elsewhere in the NBA.

Oh yeah, keep the back door open because he will change his mind when he grows up in a few years.

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

nice letter BUT you forgot to add:

PS. Doc Rocket is absolutely rapt, over the moon for your beard, Spanny.

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

what a freaking baby.....we should just keep him to teach him a lesson so he can't play anywhere...if we can get him off our salary cap, then maybe since I don't see any point.....in protest, i'm giving up Baklava :D

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Basketball ready is not the same thing as culture ready. V-Span still had to adapt to a totally different lifestyle.

But, if it makes you feel any better, if he does in fact go, and it looks like it, I will concede that argument.

:D

DD

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I had never known that about Greek culture.

The Rockets fan in me doesn't like the fact that he is breaking his contract because I thought he had some great potential but if he really feels that strongly about it let him go. I would rather not have him sitting on a bench and having his moping drag down the rest of the team.

V-Span should do what he thinks is in his best interests and I think that will end up in being in the Rox best interest too. If he really wants to play in the NBA he will stay and be committed if he wants to leave then let him go.

I will give him some more credit though than guys like Quitten, Beltran and Clemens that he is leaving for his family and love of his country rather than chasing down more bucks or personal glory.

On a side note I remember when Yao came to the Houston the Rox organization and Houston Chinese community did a lot to ease his transition to the US. Did the Rox and the Houston Greek community do something similar for V-Span?