1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Where do yall think we will be ranked tomorrow? I think maybe just inside the top 20.

2. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

The issues were already there, but gaining the target on their backs with the #1 ranking (along with the opponents) exposed the issues. The scouting report is out, and Texas can't adjust as of yet.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're 25 in the RPI rankings.

4. Ositos

Ositos Member

5. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

I thought we'd atleast break the upper teens... i mean this is UT @ home. shafted.

6. Astro101

Astro101 Member

If we had beaten K-State sure. This is where I expected us today.

7. sammy

At least we beat Texas! Seriously though.. I hate when we force feed the ball to Udoh. We suck for the most part on the road. The Colorado loss still has me scratching my head.

Holmes killed us with his timely 3's. Davis outplayed Udoh, which was the most surprising thing to me in this game. Hopefully, we rebound and win @ Nebraska.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nice effort, Bears.

Unfortunately, I guess your best just wasn't good enough this time around. That's how it goes sometimes. You win some, you lose some, but at the end of the day it's all about sportsmanship. I hope you'll accept my hearty congratulations for a game well played. Not well enough, of course, but still a pretty nice effort from a team that I really didn't expect a whole lot out of today.

The talent is there. No denying that. It's the heart and basketball IQ that seems to be lacking. I think it starts with your coach, but that's just me.

I know we have had our differences, and some of that was probably my fault, but in the spirit of friendship, fellowship, and Big 12 brotherhood, I will not gloat over today's victory, but instead will once again offer my compliments on a game reasonably well played.

78-71. 71-78. What difference does it really make?

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll check back from time to time...

-Hank The Cowdog

9. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Seriously dude you are a complete douche bag.

Kinda funny that you gloat over winning a home game. You should expect to win. You don't gloat over things that like.

10. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Don't feed the troll.

Anyway, disappointing that we let a team with less talent hang around and pull out the win. But props to them they did make their FTs and pulled through in the final moments with some clutch shots. Good win for them. We should be able to take care of Nebraska and get some confidence back.

11. sammy

The funny thing is that he doesn't even post in the A&M thread. So obviously he just has something against Baylor and/or Scott Drew.

His underlying sarcasm is what's really annoying. But that's his MO. To be as annoying as ****. He doesn't even make sense.

I guess our best wasn't good enough? LOL - we played like crap yet we were down 2 with less than a minute to go. Tweety and Udoh shot miserably from the field.

A&M did what they should have done and that's win at home. I say we return the favor in 18 days.

12. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

You see, THIS is an Aggie fan's philosophy, which prompts them to even create posts like this one. They hardly have any moments of joy in their fandom, which is truly sad.

Hank, a back-handed compliment after a win at home says a lot about your character. Although, it says more about your schools desperation for relevance.

1 person likes this.
  13. sammy

No reason to bash A&M. I have friends and family that went there and they're all classy fans. Hank just makes them look really really bad.

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Didnt you learn in the last baylor thread to just ignore him?

1 person likes this.
  15. Ryan Bowen MVP

We were in control most of the game, but we always blow those leads in the 2nd half!!

16. sammy

24 in the AP. 26 in the RPI & coaches poll. A&M didn't get into the rankings but they're right outside of it now.

I think we've been in the AP for like 5 weeks or so now..

#116 sammy, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  17. PointForward

PointForward Member

....says the guy whose team has never even came close to being relevant. Aggies have one at least 1 game in the big dance for the past 4 consecutive years, they're no powerhouse, but we're recognized on the national stage as a solid team that consistently goes to the dance and has the potential of upsetting a higher ranked team (see: UCLA a couple of years back). What has Baylor done again?

We have nothing against your school, we're not even rivals dude. But after what your classless POS fanbase did when we were in Waco a couple of years back which prompted Mr. Sloan to baptize you, we lost all respect for your school. Notice, though, we didn't throw any trash on our court, we didn't disrespect your players/coaches, because that's aggie class for you. Perhaps y'all can learn a thing or two, you'll never now, maybe you can regain some of the respect you lost after that travesty that took place in Waco.

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Noone is mentioning that we absolutely got screwed by the refs in the last 5 minutes

19. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Also what was up with that excessive contact BS?

20. sammy

Ok guy. Funny how you thought this incident was from 2009. This happened 2 years ago. Get over it. No one said anything about A&M until Hank came in spewing crap out of his rear. You have to admit that A&M has beaten an overrated BYU team in consecutive seasons.

The fact is that our program is recruiting better than A&M. Just think about how far we have come since the unfortunate scandal. If Udoh returns, we will have a beastly team next season. Our starting 5 will be as good as any in the country. Two words --> Perry Jones.

#120 sammy, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010