1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Astro101, Nov 22, 2008.

1. grambolo

grambolo Contributing Member

Complete domination from beginning to end.

2. Astro101

Astro101 Member

aggy had inside presence and we didn't. Tough break there.

I'm surprised they didn't rush the court.

3. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Not really sure why it takes so long for BU to wake and up play. A&M out hustled them all night and hit some big threes. Carter is pretty good.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Well...

That was easy!

I thought you were supposed to be good?!

Sloan absolutely owns you by the way. He's in your head. It couldn't be more obvious...

Better luck next time! (Looks like you'll be needing it! Haha...)

But seriously...

I'm kidding.

I like Baylor basketball.

You have a legitimate shot at making the NIT this year, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

Good luck the rest of the way!

5. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Lol Ags. See you at March Madness if you make it.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Stupid post, Baylor will obviously make it. They were ranked for a reason to begin with. Maybe the 2nd quality win for the Aggies outside of Arizona

7. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

A&M will be lucky to make the NIT and there is nothing wrong with that. Sloan isn't good enough to say he owns anyone. He a nice player but lets get real. His little snowbird dunk the rednecks love so much is nothing. I see that everyday in the park. If he did a 360 or something like, I might agree with you.

8. grambolo

Why are you acting like the Bears are some powerhouse? They made the tournament last year for the first time in what 20 years.... A&M has won 8 of the last 9 against Baylor. Baylor was one and done last year, losing to Purdue....

:confused:

9. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

someone needs to punch that davis kid square in the mouth. even the announcers were making fun of him.

i love aggies getting all high and mighty about basketball. until billy clyde, that program was a joke.

10. grambolo

You are correct. The program was one of the if not THE worst. But, the fact remains the same, 8 of the last 9 from Baylor.

11. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

the same baylor program you made fun of three posts ago? congrats. go ahead and brag about how you barely beat sfa earlier this season too.

12. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

The rednecks get all high and mighty about everything concerning A&M. Just ignore it. That really makes their blood boil.

I thought Davis was playing hard last night. I wish BU had the same intensity for the first 30 minutes of the game. That being said, he is a flopper. I guess he watches a lot of Spur games.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

As an Aggie I loved the game last night and wish they could play with that intensity every night. If Elonu keeps that up, we can have a good shot to have a pretty good season. I really expect this to be an up and down rebuilding year as we have so many young guys that hadn't really played alot.

Baylor has a load of talent, but I'm not really sure what kind of offense you guys are running. It seems like an awful lot of 1 on 1 (hence all the turnovers). Maybe the defense took them off their game? I haven't seen enough of them to know.

14. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

We don't have anyone worth a damn inside, so we have to play that style. Penetrate and kick it out. If the 3s are not falling like last night, we won't win.

15. grambolo

I wasn't acting all high and mighty. Hank was, for sure. Baylor is a good basketball team this year. They have as much guard talent as anyone in the Big 12. I fully expect Baylor to bounce back.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

As someone who spends a lot of time watching and studying basketball, I'm really happy that the Aggies pulled this one out. Baylor is talented and can only get better. A&M is not talented enough and will need consistent super energy all year to really make noise. Davis may be a flopper, but he is legit inside. Sloan is a work-in-progress. Roland and Carter are hot and cold. Outside of those four, I don't know who else can get their own shot. And it's not like the Aggies run some sort of smooth offense that get's quality shots most possessions.

Good luck the rest of the year Baylor, except for the A&M rematch.

17. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I agree about Davis. He plays hard but the flops just turn me off. Not just on him but all players that flop.

I don't want basketball to turn into soccer with guys falling down acting they have been shot.

18. grambolo

Agreed.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Or Baylor basketball where the players actually do shoot other players.
    Low blow? Deal with it. They Bears fans are dishing the same kind of garbage.

20. grambolo

Show some class. :rolleyes: