1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Astro101, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I thought this was about basketball?

No worries.

We've beaten Baylor at football more times than we have beaten any other team in the history of our program. You've managed to beat us twice in 25 years.

Congratulations.

I guess...

Back on topic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vfAw9OQG-s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vfAw9OQG-s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

For the record...

I like Baylor basketball in the same way that I enjoy Tech football. Fun team to watch despite all of the negative garbage coming out of the stands.

Drew is a good coach. Enjoy him while you can. And good luck the rest of the way, except of course when you play the Aggies, and basically anyone else in the Big 12.

I'll check back on this thread from time to time and will be following the Bears fairly closely all season long. I really do enjoy watching them play...

3. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

With where your program is and that head coach, get used to losing to Baylor year after year.

4. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

There is never any "garbage" coming out of the stands at ATM games (any sport). :rolleyes:

We'll enjoy Drew for a long, long time.

5. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Indiana would probably be the only school he'd jump ship to...if I heard from my sources right.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

interesting game vs. wash state coming up. they're 7-1, i think

7. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

wasn't that their one non-conference loss last year?

8. MadMax

i think that's right. i know it was a really close game...and i think Wa St. was in the top 10 or so at the time.

9. MadMax

quality win vs. Wa St. over the weekend. interesting to see where the polls put baylor today.

10. Astro101

Astro101 Member

#22 baby!

Though the ESPN/USA still has us unranked, but at least we moved up to 26 on theirs.

11. Ryan Bowen MVP

I haven't been able to keep up with them much lately because of finals and stuff but I'm gonna start going to some games pretty soon. Sic'em!!!

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great to see the bears winning,i am very impressed with what Drew is doing, he must be a quality guy. sic em bears

13. hilcountrygypsy

hilcountrygypsy New Member

Definitely an exciting time to be a Bear, not that any other time isn't but wow, there is a totally different vibe around campus and it is nice to have some positive press.

14. MadMax

#21 in AP Poll

#24 in ESPN Coaches Poll

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Finally ESPN. Now I can see the bears in their ticker!

16. Splash

Splash Member

What's going on here? 4-4 Texas Arlington is up on Baylor 41-32 at halftime.

17. Astro101

Astro101 Member

#21 in the AP Poll
    #22 in the ESPN/USA Poll

Scary game against UTA the other night, but it was a good shot back to reality that they actually have to play basketball to win. They play Hartford tonight.

18. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Baylor moved up to #19 in the AP. I think that's their highest or close to it. #20 in ESPN.

Record's at a cool 11-1 after beating Portland State tonight.

And please Baylor...seal John Wall up!
    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DgUfl1pGKY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DgUfl1pGKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

19. MadMax

Yeah, what's the story with Wall?

Loving 11-1.

20. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

i take it they ended up beating portland state last night? the same portland state that beat gonzaga?