1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Astro101, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

terrible officiating down the stretch..that bs technical on coach drew shifted the game and also that bad call on lace for the intentional. Love how our guys would not give up though at the end. Very proud to be a Baylor Bear!

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Howdy Bears!

Big games just don't seem to go your way, do they?

Tough loss, but the better team definitely won.

Unfortunately for you, you'll be getting a tougher loss in the next couple of days...

Funny how things go sometimes. The whole circle of life thing. The sound of one hand clapping. It's kind of like Elvis, isn't it?

I'll see you next year!

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Really ? :rolleyes:

You wait until we lose to troll again. How old are you ?

The tough loss you are speaking of is when the Baylor football team beats A & M again in College Station this year. It's going to be much sweeter this time around knowing that there are Aggie douches like you around.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

did the sun set already, dracula?? where ya been?

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I think hes talking about when Scott Drew leaves to go to Memphis which I really don't want to happen

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

"The tough loss you are speaking of is when the Baylor football team beats A & M again in College Station this year."

Good one! It doesn't really make any sense, but whatever, you got me!

You seem upset. Hey, it's not my fault you lost at the junior prom, Baylor just wasn't good enough to win a big game on national TV. Shocker!

But back on topic...

The little dance isn't for chumps!

Baylor did pretty much exactly what I told you they would do this season. I actually half thought they could win the NIT, but then I remembered how poorly they always perform in big games that matter and I changed my mind. Baylor was not a mentally tough basketball team all season, why should today have been any different? It wasn't, and the better team won the game fairly easily.

End of story.

But it's really not the end of the story at all...

The good news?

You had a really good year by Baylor standards. Congrats! As over-rated as you were at the start of the season, it's amazing how far the program has come from where it had been before. I still don't think you belong in the Big 12, but I think you would be damn strong in Conference USA or the SWAC.

The bad news?

You'll get that in the next few days according to what I was just told at the airport a couple of hours ago. Losing the NIT was just the beginning.

Want more good news???

The bad news I just mentioned could ultimately turn out to be the best thing that EVER happened to your program. Of course, I hope that it doesn't, and I hope that the bad news just snowballs into something that beats you back down into the dirt with the worms and snakes and earwigs where you belong, but it's possible that it might backfire on me and end up being REALLY really great for Baylor.

I'd share more but I know where I'm not wanted.

I'm a man and when I'm cut I bleed human manblood. It hurt when you called me a "douche" and made fun of my horrible football team. You'll see what I mean soon enough though. If any of you are actually close to your own program, you probably already know some of what I'm talking about anyway. But even if you are, you still don't know as much as I know!

I know what you're thinking...but deep down some of you know that I'm not playing games here. There is a storm a coming! Haha...

How smart do you think your athletic director is by the way? We're going to find out pretty soon. Place your bets! Would you rather dance with the devil or pay a false prophet? I guess we'll find out.

Congrats on almost winning the consulation prize for teams who weren't good enough to have a chance at the real thing. It would have been cool for you to win, but even if you had, there would still be the shame of knowing you did it in the losers bracket.

But at least you have football...

(All of this was done in fun. I really do hate Baylor with a burning passion, but some of you need to get a thicker skin!)

Adios. See you next year!

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

One final confession...

Baylor is actually my 2nd favorite team in the Big 12. I'll be following things closely this offseason and will check back from time to time.

It was fun!

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The reality is that Baylor had a very good season. Yeah Baylor may not have been in the NCAA tournament. Yeah, they may not have won the NIT.

The fact is that this is a Baylor program that is on the rise. I predict many really competitive games between Baylor and A&M.

It will be fun. It will be exciting. It will be some really good basketball.

Congrats on a good season.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I propose that Clutch ban Hank from posting in any thread other than this one. That would be fun!

10. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Does anyone know how the John Wall visit went? Scout.com had an article posted saying that he was going to come to Waco during the first weekend of March, but I never saw anything further. Not even an update saying that he did indeed visit the campus.

11. MadMax

Bob Knight is coming to BU?????

Scott Drew is the antichrist???

I sit waiting.

12. Major

Major Member

Except for the nationally televised NIT games they did win, right? :confused:

13. sammy

You said this earlier in the thread and it really doesn't make sense. Didn't we beat Kansas and Texas not too long ago on national tv or is your short-term memory shot ?

And yes winning the NIT is not that big of a deal but there were some legitimate teams in the tourney. Last time I checked, San Diego State's RPI was higher than A & M's and they were royally screwed. You can probably make a case for Saint Mary's also.

14. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Just ignore Hank. He is a d*ckweed. He is still celebrating the necks historic win over that powerhouse BYWho.

Nice run by the Bears to end the season.

Looks like Drew may use this as leverage for a big raise or jump ship.

15. sammy

I still feel like he underachieved with this group. Starting the better player in Lace should have been done much earlier and underutilizing our two 7 footers was also a critical mistake.

16. MadMax

completely agree. i know people at baylor will freak if he leaves, though.

i think he's a terrific recruiter, and not much of a coach.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Hank is a jackass.

But....ummmm...at least A&M was in that BYU game.

You call them BYWho. They were the #8 seed in the NCAA West Region. What seed was Baylor again?

All that being said, I still think Baylor is a program on the rise. They will be very fun to watch.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

BYU is a legit program. Baylor should be happy to even get to that level in basketball IMO. Hell, TAMU has work to do before they solidify themselves ahead of BYU.

19. MadMax

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/040509dnspobaylordrew.a384b204.html

Drew issues statement saying he's staying at Baylor

11:28 PM CDT on Saturday, April 4, 2009

Scratch Baylor men's basketball coach Scott Drew as a candidate at Memphis. Drew issued a statement Saturday night, saying he would remain in Waco.

"Whenever your name is rumored for another job, it's a positive reflection of your hard work and respect for the job you are doing," Drew said in the statement. "At the same time, our staff wanted to rebuild Baylor into an elite basketball program. We are on the right track."

The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported that Drew withdrew his name when Memphis officials wouldn't confirm that he was the top candidate.

Drew will have a staff position to fill. Longtime assistant Matthew Driscoll has been hired as men's basketball coach at North Florida.

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I guess I can spill it all now...

Drew to Memphis was all but a done deal. I don't know exactly what happened to derail things, but apparently it hit a snag over some sort of conflict between Drew and the Memphis AD. As someone who hopes Baylor loses early and often, this is a great thing! The other half of what I heard that night was that Baylor expected Drew to leave and was already salivating at the idea of bringing in Billy Clyde Gillespie. This was a doomsday scenario for any Aggie fan. Fortunately, for whatever reason, egos got in the way and Baylor and Drew will be married for at least another season.

Take it for what it's worth! I'll see you next year...