1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Astro101, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You call yourself a Baylor fan and you didn't know that? (no offense)

Congrats though.

2. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I know some things but not everything. No offense.

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

But you're a Baylor fan......but I still find it funny some Baylor fans (not you) have the nerve to trash talk other Big 12 teams like Kansas, us, Texas, etc as if they're a basketball juggernaut. This is mainly them stalking out the teams' forums and spamming their trash on there.

4. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Nice, solid win. I know it's just the NIT, but at least I'm getting to see more Baylor basketballball...and actually good basketball. Too bad it couldn't come earlier. Ah well.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

LOL when Baylor wins at ANYTHING that isn't: Tennis or WNCAA, we brag because we have to hear it from our friends every other damn time (and trust me it is a lot when your program is at least 1 step below everyone elses.)

Baylor takes small victories where we can get them.... Sad but true.

6. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Oh yea Aggy, UT, Tech, KU etc... never, ever go onto other team's boards and talk trash. It's the internet, you're always going to have idiots posting. See Hank's previous posts on this thread for an example.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I agree with you ... Every fanbase has their fair share of "Hanks." ... Well I think we can all agree that Tech has more than their fair share ;)

8. PointForward

PointForward Member

Hank only went off after RyanBowenMVP and his bear homer gang started talking crap about our clearly superior school.. blame the provoker, not the retaliator(s) (I fired back too, and rightfully so.. it's not like we're some red raiders going off on longhorns because they stated their academics are better, because they are actually better.. but this dude's "difficulty" B.S was unwarranted)..

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You'll retract this statement when Robert Griffin runs all over you guys again. I really cannot wait.

10. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Jesus, I thought we were done bickering. Can you guys go back to your own thread? You're in the NCAA tourney. We're in the NIT. There's really nothing left to argue about anyway. We'll see you next year in here. :)

11. RocketManJosh

haha ... please no ... keep it in this thread ;)

Lookin good on the road at Va Tech today ... The Big XII is really representing well this post season.

12. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Good W. Looking forward to AU.

13. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Not exactly stellar execution down the stretch but Baylor played well enough for 38 minutes to get the win. The Bears are headed to New York!

14. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

A win is a win. Good publicity for the team and school. Sic em.

15. Ryan Bowen MVP

Not even worth arguing after the one guy compared A&M to Rice lol I'll gladly settle this in the other Baylor thread, not in the basketball one though.

16. grambolo

grambolo Contributing Member

Good win for Baylor. I hope they win the NIT. It will look good for the Big 12.

I don't think I compared A&M to Rice. I simply stated that there are currently 3 Tier 1 schools in Texas (fact). Rice, Texas and Texas A&M.

17. RocketManJosh

Congrats to the Bears for making it to the Garden. I believe they have done enough to at least salvage their season and get a lot of good postseason experience for their young guys, which should help in the coming years.

I really feel sorry for Tech now (well not too much), but they are going to have to play Texas, A&M, OK St, Oklahoma, and Baylor twice and all those programs really are looking to be on the upswing over the next few years.

18. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Another great win in the NIT. Great 2nd Half as the D really came out on the SDSU 3 point shooters and Jerrells and Dunn were on fire all night long. It's nice to see we're playing our best ball of the year here at the end. And to think, only a very good Missouri team kept the Bears out of the Big Dance.

19. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Baylor has played very well up to now and been fun to watch, but I'm a Big Ten guy. Go Penn State!

20. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Good game.