1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MadMax, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think so. An 11 seed is about the best Baylor could hope for given how it finished the season. And Purdue is nearly 10 hours from DC, so it's a true neutral site game against a team from the nation's weakest conference. Honestly, I think it's about the best scenario Baylor could have expected.

2. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Yea, definitely. I'll take it against Purdue. We have a good shot at beating them.

3. junglerules

junglerules Member

Agreed. Purdue is a hard-nosed defensive team, but also a young one. I think Baylor should be happy with their matchup and location, and I do think they deserved to get into the tourney.

4. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Glad we're in and hopefully the team that played CU does not show up on Thursday.

Anyone else tired of Digger Phelps? We deserve our bid.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

whew.

one win in the tourney would make me a happy man. it's almost too much to ask for given the rockets success.

6. The Cat

Rumor has it the Chronicle is getting some jackass in DC to follow Baylor this week, by the way. Not sure who it is. :D

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Congrats Bears! I'll be rooting for you guys in the tourney just like I do most Big XII teams even though I really really don't like Scott Drew. I like Baylor though so I hope they do well.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

don't like scott drew??? :confused: :D

that's a new one on me.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

John McLain? :D

10. junglerules

junglerules Member

I hope to see them succeed, too. It would be great for that program after all it's been through.

What don't you like about Scott Drew? Seems pretty likable to me....Just curious.

11. RocketManJosh

Lets just say he loves to whine a lot. Not to mention the fact that he probably uses the most negative recruiting of anyone in the Big XII and from what I understand, he is not a popular person among Big XII coaches.

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I read about those negative recruiting stories, but from whatever article I read, it seemed that he has stopped it once he found out it was over the line. He fessed up and stop them. Also have heard that he's not popular among coaches.

But around Baylor at least, he's the most likeable guy there is. So much energy and optimism.

I need Baylor to Cinderella the first couple rounds and beat Duke so I can shove it in my friend's face. He went to Baylor but said in the past if that matchup ever happens, he'd no doubt root for Duke. That'd be so sweet.

13. RocketManJosh

Yeah I completely understand why he is loved by Baylor, and he should be. Its probably one of the most amazing turnarounds in College Basketball hitroy IMO.

I really hope the Big XII proves it deserved to get 6 seeds in this year.

14. The Cat

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

16. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

No other coaches whine at all or use negative recruiting.

Keep up the good work Coach Drew.

17. RocketManJosh

I haven't heard of many that do it so much that they have to issue apologies to other coaches for what they do like Scott Drew.

Its pretty well known that he is not well respected among other Big XII coaches.

But if you are a Baylor fan, I understand why you like him. You are relevant for once. I would love him too.

Like I said, I like Baylor, and I really hope they do well in the tourney.

And by the way ... I'm an Aggie fan and I've criticized Turgeon this year for his whining early in the season too. I think its ridiculous from the leader of a Mens College BB coach.

18. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

To be 100% honest, I could care less if other schools don't like Drew. The fact (as you say) that other coaches don't like him, makes me like him even more.

College athletics is cut throat business. He is paid to win games not make friends. Baylor has been irrelevant in the revenue producing sports since the formation of the Big 12. If Drew pisses off the Aggies, Horns, Raiders etc... getting us relevant, so be it.

19. RocketManJosh

I certainly don't disagree with you there. If I was a baylor fan, I'd be pretty happy with him. I may not like him, but I sure as heck respect what he did in turning that situation around.

20. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Embarrassing 1st half........this is what we waited 20 years for?