1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MadMax, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Just came back from Baylor/Texas. Jesus, I've never been so pissed at the refs before, and I'm the type of guy who never ever yells at them. But in spite of them, Baylor with a great comeback and it's our fault we couldn't finish them off...I hope this doesn't stop the fans from showing up.

2. junglerules

junglerules Member

That was one of the worst called games I've ever seen, but there were horrible calls both ways. I'm a Texas fan, and there were several bad overturned calls, lots of fouls, uncalled technical fouls, missed calls on Texas and Baylor, etc. So, I'm just glad that Texas was able to escape with a W and keep that streak alive vs. Baylor. I want to see Baylor make the tourney, but they are scuffling badly, now. They really played out of control at times, and put a lot of pressure on their D to make stops by taking quick 3's.

3. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Yea, the refs were so incompetent. One of them had about 3 reversals on him. It looked like he was confused about the rules. Exciting game nonetheless.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Yeah the refs did a horrible job calling the game, got a little nervous there at the end with the way the Horns were turning the ball over and their unclutch FT shooting. Looks like they got disinterested late in the game and were not executing. Sloppy win, but in a highly competitive conference like the Big XII I'll take it.

Now for revenge against aggy on Lunes Gigante

5. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Bad game for the refs and a bad game for both teams. That was an ugly game all around. Glad it's over and the Horns got a W.

6. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

What a shocking way to lose a game! Are you kidding me??? A 4 point play then 2 missed FTs. Ugggggghhhhhhh. From a huge multi-OT win over A&M, to losing 6 out of 7.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I'd like to complain about the refs calling that BS foul on Bruce at the end, but I can't because we had the opportunity to win with the FTs...so...here's hoping for the miracle against Kansas Saturday.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

man, that sucked.

9. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I was almost physically ill watching BU blow that game last night.

I feel bad for Bruce but he cannot get that close to the jump shooter. It's been a terrible last two games for him.

If we don't make the NCAA, just look back at 0-4 against UT/OU as the reason.

10. pd_

pd_ Member

yesterdays game made me want to cry......

11. MadMax

Big, big win vs. K-State!

18-6

12. MadMax

13. MadMax

20-8 ....just sayin' :)

14. Ositos

Ositos Member

If we take care of a&m at home...it should be enough to maybe go dancing. Agree??

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

A&M is gonna be a huge game on Wednesday. I can't wait to go. Hopefully we'll crush 'em.

16. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Oh yea, this 20 win season is the first in 20 years and only the 4th in our 102 years of basketball. So great accomplishment right there.

17. MadMax

i THINK so.

their conference record is identical to K-State's right now...3rd overall in conference. I'm thinking a team with 21-22 wins and is around 3rd in the Big XII is a tourney team.

18. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Tonight's the big night. Screw papers or trying to learn advanced stats. I am going to the game and so is everyone else. The line for tickets yesterday was incredible outside the Ferrell Center, but I got mine ready to go.

19. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Btw, the 5 OT game that no one saw (except for the few of us who got the online feed), will be on for you guys at 5pm on ESPN Classic.

20. MadMax

21-9 (9-7)