1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't listen to Turge's pleas either. How could you respect such a horrible joke of a coach? I would dunk it just to piss him off.

KIDDING! Just kidding. KIDDING. Seriously. Kidding.

Anyways... Ya, Tech fans are a joke. Thank god that school is in the farthest reaches of Texas.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The Baptism Dunk!

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think we were expecting too much out of a rookie coach.

You just lost a Top 3 point guard in the nation from Acie Law... and you got a good rookie center who needs more time to become a more dominant force.

I think next year remains optimistic.

I was an Aggie fan growing up but I got accepted to UT so in a matter of months I have to somehow cut my ATm love ties :(

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It'd be awfully nice if you Aggies could pick up a win today against Kansas.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Looks like TAMU decided today would be one of the days they actually played. Also something I never mention. Eventually... Roland > Sloan, Roland is simply in more control, more confident, in the flow, poised, and alert with the ball than Sloan. A Roland/Sloan combo, assuming they improve, could be nasty. But Harris will probably start over Roland next year.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its been a long season so maybe I am forgetting something. But have the Aggies comeback from a double digit deficit to win a game this year? It seems like this team has no chance when it is playing from behind. They fall apart on offense and surprisingly defense too. They start making stupid fouls, turning it over. Its so frustrating. Not a very promising attribute.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I haven't seen A&M play one good game this season. At the start, it seemed like they could hang with KU. But KU has better players and a better coach.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

True and true. Self better deliver soon though. So far he is the George Karl of CBB.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

They are awful at playing from behind. Carter and Sloan start taking really bad shots. Sloan becomes a human turnover machine. He simply isn't very good.

Even the CBS announcers stated at least twice "boy does this team miss Acie Law." Without Law, this team has nobody who can create offense. Nobody who can dish to somebody in the post. Nobody who can create their own shot. You just can't win without a guy with those skills.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You guys sure the Aggies are in? I looked at Lunardi's projections and he has Baylor as the 5th and final team from the Big 12. He says TAMU needs to win 2 tourney games to get in. Which would be tough.

11. junglerules

junglerules Member

Honestly, I think they are in right now, but they'd be best off winning a game or two. Otherwise, they need to hope and pray for as few upsets as possible in the smaller conference tourneys. For instance, if VCU still gets in, that screws a bubble team. Also, if Gonzaga or St. Mary's don't win the WCC, another bubble team could get hosed.

I think A&M could be a dangerous lower seed, but I just don't see them putting together enough consistency to make a deep tourney run, either big 12 or NCAA.

12. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

thats not true. He said on Sportscenter the Aggies are in so long as they don't lose to a lower seed in the Big XII tourney (i.e. don't lose to Iowa State and they are in).

13. Buck Turgidson

I think the Big XII gets 6.

14. RocketManJosh

Big W to put the Ags in the tourney.

On a side note, what a gutty performance by Donald Sloan. He carried this team tonight and many of us did not know that the reason he did not fly to KC until right before the game was because he was spending time with his mother who passed away tonight.

Also, DJ was rushed to the hospital mid-game apparently (guess they were concerned it might be appendicitis)

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

From ESPN.com

Work left to do:
    Texas A&M [21-9 (8-8), RPI: 47, SOS: 61] The Aggies' inconsistency has been staggering. Though Kansas routed them to close the regular season, winning in Waco might be a season-saver -- but they very well might have to win their quarterfinal game against No. 3 Kansas State. The Aggies have a win over Texas in league play, but their best nonconference win, over Ohio State, might supplant the victory over the state rival. The other wins -- over UTEP, Washington, Alabama and LSU -- were decent but not great.

16. RocketManJosh

A&M is in ... Book it

Especially considering all the bubble teams that lost tonight, but I think we would have been in any way.

#96 RocketManJosh, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  17. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

I've stayed out of this thread, because it is just too painful. Aggie Class of '84.

I am so sorry to hear about Donald Sloan's mother, I can't imagine what it took to be able to come and play tonight.

My son and DJ's younger brother are friends, I hope he is ok. Any updates would be appreciated.

18. RocketManJosh

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whelp... If Rockets weren't so absolutely ridiculous at this point I might actually care about TAMU. But as long as the Rockets are gigging me...

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It's sad that you can't care about both. I watched the Rockets, put the Ags on DVR and watched that later in the evening.