1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about the Rockets' real Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Dec 28, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn it, I thought this was another thread based on speculation and tmz... Anyway if the team put half the effort some of you guys do still w/ posting... They'd be better than the Warriors, lol... Okay maybe not that good, but a lot better than the trash play we've seen. Hopefully something changes, but everytime the team seems to be on track after a decent win they forget about it and **** it up... Go Rockets!!!

Man if only one of our superstar coaches from the boards could coach the team... Maybe Les should have tryouts, it can't be any more disappointing since we're already below the 76ers according to Webber.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, it doesn't really matter, DMo could have played 48 minutes and been equal in that category to us with 0, okok he'd have 1-3.... Lol

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

What people are saying is that JBB is not really a coach. He's a puppet. He knows Haren is a problem, but he can't do nothing about it. He has very little power and has to ask Morey before applying that little power he has. Until Les realizes that Morey needs to be separated from coaching, nothing will change. Morey will continue to micromanage everything and everyone will continue to play dumb, ooh I don't know maaan, we need to play harder.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

BTW it just hit me. Notice how coaches keep repeating word HARDER for couple years now all the time? It's their subtle way to say HARDEN.
    HARDER - HARDEN.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Spot on, I agree completely with you (I mean I did before this post too). I've been following this for a while about the micromanaging/interim coach has no power... I guess I've just gotten to the point where being less serious about the team is easier for me right now. I was mainly joking but some posters really might do a better job, especially if they rocked the boat.... I mean I seriously doubt JBB will bench Harden or change the plan from what Morey says to do... we really haven't seen much change since McHale left and with how the team is run I expected that (but honestly was still holding out hope).

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That guy is a delusional no basketball knowledge kool aider. Everything is rosy around here and Rockets are on their way to a 3 peat

He acts like the policeman around the forums. Before you know he is going to go to feedback and create a complaint thread.

7. elainas

elainas Member

DMo with no significant minutes this season at 76th among power forwards with DRPM -0.02 (TJ -1.40).

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

JBs incompetence coaching

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

get out

10. chandlerbang21

average team is average team

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Real issues? First, get a real NBA coach. There will be issues without a good NBA coach on your team. Super stars do not respect a bad coach who even clutchfans dislike. Morey just looks foolish on his coach hiring.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It's all good....

Everyone is privileged to their own opinion on things so their is no need to take anything personal..

In another thread i guess he thinks that aelliott put me in my place... I see it as aelliot and myself having different options and perspective on things... I have no ill feelings against aelliott or any other poster who doesn't agree with my post.

I still respect aelliott and some of this post the same way I agree and disagree with DD and The Clutch at times... But in no way should any of us take this personal... It's a discussion on theories and what we see or gather stats on.. None of us work in the Rockets front office so none of us know what is truly going on behind clothes doors.

T_Man

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I agree with you but if you disagree with the OP (delusional) and don't sugar coat everything as rosy, basically you are a pathetic fan and part of the worst fan base in sports. LOL.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No significant minutes means the numbers are useless.

He was slightly higher than TJones last year.

Capela is 7TH among power forwards this year (+2.84).

Nice move by JB.

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I think he's right. He cast shade, so I don't see how you attribute him as saying everything is rosy.

16. Mr. Clutch

What do you want explained? DMo sucks at rebounding everywhere, and the Rockets as a team suck at defensive rebounding.

The question is why do the Rockets suck at defensive rebounding vs offensive. Is it philosophy?

17. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

2014-2015 was his best year on the glass with 28.7 mpg and a 5.9 rpg average over 71 games. Adjusted for 36 minutes, he may have averaged 7.4 rebounds per game. That's not terrible, but it's just not that good. This year he's worse, but he's not healthy. When he gets healthy, you will still be left with a mediocre rebounder. I still like his game because he's versatile enough to play PF and C and he can shoot. He's just not a stalwart of a defensive rotation. If we get last year's production back by the end of this season, he'd rank 25-26th in rebounds per game among active power forwards.

#57 Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  18. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

I don't know, but I suspect that is has something to do with all the 3 pointers we attempt.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lack of proper box outs and bigs always going for blocks leaving them out of position. Also have to factor in sometimes we simply just don't hustle enough for rebounds.

20. Mr. Clutch

So we are getting more offense rebounds from all the long misses.

Good theory.