1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's talk about Dwight's defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HtownRock, Mar 18, 2016.

1. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

lol you are saying i'm using +/- stat to denigrate Dwight, when clearly that's not the case. i don't need a stat to tell me Dwight is a negative influence on this team. i'm seeing that with my own two eyes when watching games, and numbers are just there to confirm my belief.

2. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

did Dwight had good 4Q to justify his negative +/-? lol

3. hakeemthagreat

Can't ever understand when people say "Dwight's clearly not the defensive player he was in Orlando". As if it's common for a player who's been in the league 10+ years to be the same player they were coming in they're first few years lol. NOBODY is the same player they were 10 years ago.

With that said, it might be me, but it kinda seems like Dwight just isn't trying as hard. Like if a rebound is right in front of him he'll grab it. But often when it requires him to run, or outhustle his man to the ball or block a shot, he gives up easily. Basically he takes plays off. Example was last night when I remember he just allowed Kanter to get a WIDE OPEN layup without contesting it. I'm normally support Dwight. But it seems at times he's as disinterested as Harden is

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I think the only one that really plays D its Ariza but he can't do it all.

6. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight with 5 points 8 rebounds against Utah. Played lazy D as usual. Earning 20+mil this season. What an asset to our team, this guy.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This he's really the only one that cares. Dwight has been worse than James as of late too

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

James and Clint showed up tonight . That's about it . Beasley and Dmo had really good first halves , but when the Jazz came out with booker , he was just too quick for Dmo to guard . Beasley came in and started chucking and was pulled for it . That about sums up this game .

9. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I bet if we give Capela more minutes, he will play better than Dwight does sooner than later

10. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight has been worse than Capela on the offensive side as well.

11. hakeemthagreat

WB had a triple double when we played them last game. Sounds good, but he was inefficient scoring 19pts on 7-18 shooting. Who was guarding him? Hint, hint, it wasn't Ariza:rolleyes:

12. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

One or two good games doesn't define a player's performance throughout the whole season. Bev's defense has been mediocre at best, but I do believe he will ratchet up his D during the playoffs, if we even make it there.