1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk about Bodybuilding.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hoee Ass, Nov 3, 2008.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Calcium blocks the body from absorbing zinc. So yeah, terrible idea to drink milk and ingest a ton of zinc.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well I waited about two hours. Should have waited longer lol

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Don't know why y'all take so many supplements. I don't take any and I've been increasing my bench press every month. Now at 150 bench press.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Supplements help maximize gains. If you took supplements maybe you could have been at 175 bench press now.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

You won't be adding as much muscle mass though, and nice work on your bench press man.You'll be stuck at a certain weight at one point, because eventually every one hits their bench press plateau. :p

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

If your ever stuck at a certain weight, i have a tip to move up. After you do your regular sets of however many reps, do one more set but for this last set put enough weight on to where you can do 60 reps, but when your pushing up only go a quarter of the way up, than on your very last rep lockout. its gonna be super hard getting that last rep in. It works like magic.:)

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Steroids are more cost effective than nutritional supplements. The only supplement that worked for me was creatine for strength and fuller muscles and caffeine for energy, focus, and fat loss.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

1.8 grams of protein is too much...that's probably on the high end. 1 gram per lb will work for him.

Dudewah, you're doing something wrong, if you weigh 140 at 5'9 and feel you've maxed out your workout regimen. Either you're not eating enough calories and protein, or your workout routine is poor. Possibly lacking variety, compound movements, or you're not increasing weight and lowering reps.

Post your workout and diet.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Nooo on the contrary I don't think I have maxed out at all.

I was pretty clear that I just went into serious mode again literally about 2 months ago after not having time to work out correctly for the past year. Like I said for the past year I haven't been able to make gains b/c i've focused on maintaining where I was at due to time constraints thanks to school/work.

I'm actually probably closer to 145 right now as I haven't weighed in for a few weeks but I'm seeing gains across the board. Will post status in the upcoming week or two after I see where I am at :)

I just like changing up routines every 6 weeks or so to keep things fresh. It's more of a personal preference than anything that is probably backed up by science.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

That's true. But I don't want to look like a wrestler, and I think I'm content with my muscle mass. Just trying to be as lean and ripped as possible.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

so tell me how to reach my 100lb bench press goal...I currently can bench 55lb. I did one 90 lb as my max but that was with hubby's help.

Oh, I wonder why some guys love to swing the weights and look "CRAZY" while doing the reps. Makes me laugh every time.

12. Classic

Classic Member

I have a recommendation for both the men & women of this forum. I'm over creatine. I hate it. Been using it in prework out stuff for several years. Leaves you bloated and gave me bad cramps when I would hoop. I went to GNC and asked for something without creatine. They gave me this:

[​IMG]

I've been using this for several months. Lost all the water weight I was holding from the creatine garbage and I've even got my wife taking it before every workout. Stuff is quite legit. I've maintained all my size & strength and have actually dropped body fat without really making any changes in my diet. I've given this stuff to several of my female training clients and they like the stuff. Check it out. Most places will carry samples of this so try a couple before you buy a container. Guys can take two scoops, ladies 1 scoop.

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

How many reps do you do at 55lbs?
    How many sets do you do?
    How many exercises of what(chest, etc.) do you do on that same lifting day?

FYI, for guys, beginner wise. Google Big Beyond Belief pdf free program. Get that and follow that to a T.

Diet wise, eat when you are hungry but aim for high protein, some carbs and some fat. Pick fruit for carb sources. Pineapple, mango, kiwi, etc.

I'm not a PT, but I get paid for giving advice by co-workers, by my girlfriend's yoga clients, etc. all the time for just helping them. I don't charge much and am not looking for business here. Will offer all the free advice, and be honest.

It all depends on your goals, if you want to be 5'10, 170lbs and lean it's possible. But if you want to be 5'10, 200lbs and lean...you are going to need to use some exotic and illegal drugs, don't make a mistake about that and don't be misled.

Supplements are junk, don't buy whey protein. Buy liquid egg whites, please.

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Not aiming for mass just lean so I don't use supplement because every guy at the gym with a duffel bags looks like a lego blocks with small head.

15. Classic

Classic Member

The real pros roll fannie pack

[​IMG]

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Start off with an amount of weight where you can do 8-10 reps, and very time you increase your reps to 15, add ten pounds,just make sure you don't do too many sets because then overtraining sets in and your workout becomes counterproductive to your gains.

You could also try a pre-workout supplement, if your not already on one, to help maximize the amount of reps your able to do.

Also you could try strengthening your triceps and back since those are the other two muscles being strained...like weighted dips, pull ups or whatever. that might work. :)

1 person likes this.
  17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Then keep protein high, carbs low do some morning cardio on days you do not workout in a fasted state. On days you workout eat a little less protein, a little more carbs and obviously workout hard.

Progressively add more cardio and drop more carbs.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Oh i have been working out and seeing progress through my daily routine of jogging and lifting at the gym. My bicep went from 13 inch to 15 1/2 inch over 3 months period. Lost 10lbs over time and i can't gain any weight after that even though i eat like what every other american eat. Fast food.

My body transformation photos was posted here

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showpost.php?p=6999154&postcount=52

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

If your still seeing results then don't change your routine yet.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sorry, i was referring to maxing out your routine (outgrowing it), not the weight, bad choice of words.....I must of missed your other post. Still, there's no reason to supplement so early on with lifting. Everyone has immediate significant gains because it's early in their muscular potential and the neural system is adapting. You'll gain strength early, not from muscle growth, but from the body becoming more efficient at the movements. People don't realize this, so when they use supplements so early on, they think it's the supplement that is so good, and it's not. Waste of money, IMO.

#100 RV6, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.