1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk about Bodybuilding.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hoee Ass, Nov 3, 2008.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

banging.

2. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

FALSE... seriously, which way is the fastest to lose belly?

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

you are gonna want to get some american flag pants first though.

And work up to two hours slowly, don't try to go 2 hours the first week.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

For you or for me? :D

5. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

I don't know, my friend created the name "Hoee Ass" back in middle school and ever since then this is the screen name I like to go by. :D

6. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Eat well + lift weights + cardio. Over and over again.

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

The crimson gem of cyttorak worked for me

[​IMG]

8. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Here's the simplest system for bodybuilding: StrongLifts.com . They have a great program, it's very effective, and they answer all of your questions on the website. They also have a good section for ectomorphs like you who have trouble putting on any kind of weight.

Follow the 5x5 program and you will see consistent increases in strength for a long time.

Strong Lifts CN: squats, dead lifts, bench presses, presses, pullups - these are the exercises you need to be doing to effectively build muscle.

9. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

stop using so many supplements. like others have said, eat more natural protein and work out. you're taking so many supplements that your body is pretty much just ***ting it all out and you're wasting your money.

also, when you're lifting, stay away from the machines. hit the free weights hard with a regular workout schedule and diet and come back in two months and i guarantee you will be happy with your gains. but honestly, stop using so many of those supplements unless you're a serious bodybuilder, and at 130 pounds, i don't think ya are. good luck man.

10. droxford

droxford Member

hey

I've been through a successful weight gain program. Do a search on the bbs for my post. I agree that you're using too many supplements - just use one protein shake with a 6-meal-a-day diet.

I'd search for the thread for you, but I don't have permission to.

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

bench. deadlift. squat. repeat.

that's all you noobs need to worry about for now.

12. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

protein shakes make good use of the limited room that a beginner has in their stomach.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It is actually impossible to target specific areas of fat. Your body will use up its stores in the way it is genetically programmed to do so.

You can work out muscle in high fat areas that will help build a strong base for when you do lose weight, but it won't specifically target the fat in the area.

To lose fat, the easiest answer is to take in less calories than you burn. One lb. of fat = 3500 calories. So you have to net lose 3500 calories to lost 1 lb of fat on your body. The more you lose overall, the smaller your belly will get. It WILL work, it just takes time and effort. Cardio and eating healthy will help. Aim for a combined 500 less calories a day through a combined exercise and eating plan. Eat 250 calories less and burn 250 calories more, or some combo. The goal should be a healthy lb. a week of weight loss.

Start adding in weight training also to gain lean muscle which will help you burn more calories during exercise and during the day.

I have worked hard and lost 30 lbs. in the last year or so. It was hard, and it came off of everywhere. I still have a belly, but it is significantly smaller, and getting smaller every day.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

+ Leg Press.

Bodybuilding.com is the site the OP needs most.

15. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

gees, how tall are you and how old are you? even being Asian, 120 lbs is light. some people just don't gain weight. i am 5'9 with no shoes, Chinese, i was lifting weights senior year in high school and 1st year in college, went from 140 to 160 easily. i don't know about those supplements. i rather just eat normal stuff. if you can't gain weight, don't worry too much man.

16. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

It's true if you do not work out properly and have a good diet with plenty of rest steroids are not effective. The best way to gain wait is to eat a high calorie and high protein diet. 1.5-2.0 grams of protein for every pound you weigh. Also, where people go wrong is not giving yourself enough rest and overworking muscles.

17. flipmode

flipmode Member

same story. my freshman year in college, i was 140.
    worked out 3x a week... arms and chest only, and played lots of basketball. lived in the dorms next to the gym. i consciously ate and drank:
    - less fried food, white bread
    - more turkey and chicken, occasionally beef
    - more bananas, sweet potatoes, and spinach salads and eggs
    - one scoop of whey protein shook up in a nalgene w/ orange juice after each workout
    - limited beer (maybe 3 a week?)

found decent muscle definition at 5'8", 155 by sophomore spring. looked better than a lot of the gym freaks... you know something isn't right when short dudes are super-bulky.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

from experience, that's all there is too it. never underestimate the squat. it'll actually put a lot of lbs on you.

i'm 5'9", 200 pound asian. never really dieted. just ate what i wanted and utilized the compound lifts above. i haven't been doing much squatting lately b/c of knees but squats are one of the best exercises you can do. it works your abs, hams, and a great fat burner.

19. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

nice, for some reason I always thought if you want to get big you have to drink at least 2 or 3 protein shakes a day plus meals to gain weight.

btw im 5"8

20. bmthint

bmthint Member

Dude imo, dont worry about your weight. If you are 5 8 120lbs you must have extremely low body fat. Just keep hittin the gym and u will naturally gain more weight and muscle instead of fat.