1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's send Rocketgirl to the Draft lottery!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emcitymisfit, May 4, 2012.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

how cool would it be if people's eyes would do this instead of that red glare crap when taking a picture. :eek:

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How the hell did this thread go five pages debating DD's social status in comparison to Daryl Morey's???.... just wow.

As for sending Rocketgirl to the lottery.... sure, why not? I dont think its going to happen since she's not an official part of the Rockets organization so to speak, but I think the organization would be open to the idea if it was a possibility. Definitely worth sending a tweet or two to Morey to give him some ideas.

I honestly think that Chandler Parsons will go this year if I had to guess. I think the organization is going to try and get him in the public eye as much as possible going forward.

3. YaosDirtyStache

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol the bernie:grin:

5. zzpot

zzpot Member

RocketGirl cleans up real nice..

Get over yourself

Try changing you under pants before you post too. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

zzopt

6. zzpot

zzpot Member

We can send this young lady too... 00rocketgirl and her would be way cool.

And she could bring her guitar and sing a draft night song... no joke!

[QUOTE <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AaP674BgAvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/QUOTE]

zzpot:)

7. zzpot

zzpot Member

8. zzpot

zzpot Member

9. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

I agree with DD, sending fans seems very unprofessional.

Also if the organization was to send a fan, I think it should be one of the long time season ticket holders

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

why? speak for yourself now...or don't speak.

It is that simple...right?

and don't forget this is all for fun.

11. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Sure I can buy that, but why Rocketgirl? ****in chicks and the internet.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Thats what makes you THAT guy...

[​IMG]

13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think we should send a group of cute old ladies... if the Rockets don't land in the top 3 picks, they should all start sobbing. How will the NBA feel about causing a bunch of grandmas to cry because the Rockets took the high road and didn't tank?

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't agree with unprofessional thing. I mean we are the #14 team. The person sent will shake hands with everyone before the draft, stand there, and most likely sit in a chair for all 10 minutes while everyone forgets who they are after the #14 pick is relegated to the Rockets.

Not that big a deal. In fact, I know teams have had fan contests to be their team rep at the NBA lottery in the past few years as well.

Though, if the Rockets want to try to rig this thing, they need to:

1. Go to Texas Children's hospital and find a sick kid who loves the Rockets and send him and his family, after of course having him meet the entire team, plus say like Hakeem and Clyde.
    2. Go to Nursing home or something where and find one of the oldest Rocket's fans or one of the original season ticket holders from the Rockets first season in Houston who is hopefully a military veteran or whose husband is a military veteran, after of course meeting the entire team plus Hakeem, Clyde, Calvin, Moses and Rudy T.
    3. Find the hottest rockets girl on the planet, dress her up in professional yet absolutely seductive way, and you know the rest...

16. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

I apologize for the lazy response, it was late and I just happened to come across the post and skimmed through.

Firstly even though it would be a fantastic PR move for the rockets organization to send a fan to the lottery, I firmly believe it looks very unprofessional. I work retail so my comparison would be if i was to send one of my customers to the corporate awards conference. The customer may be a fan of my business but they are not affiliated with me and I would not want anyone who is not directly affiliated with my store to represent it. There will be a lack of accountability for any actions that will reflect poorly for my store.

However I do realize there is a difference between what I do and what the Rockets orginization does. So if they were to elect a fan to send to the lottery, why Rocket Girl? Why not open up a contest to allow any fan a opportunity to be able to represent the team, like submitting a written essay?

Furthermore, I believe that if the orginization elected to send a fan, they would choose a long time season ticket holder, due to their proven dedication to the team.

I hope I answered all your questions as to my logic behind my statement, and yes I do realize this is all for fun, hence the reason why I originally elected not to go into detail about my reasoning in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  17. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

Why them, Why not you?

18. VanityHalfBlack

Are Kam and rocketgirl still an item???

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The whole lottery drawing thing is silly anyway.

First, the regular season ends in April, you have all the info you need to sort out the lotto odds. Yet the NBA waits a whole damn month before making the drawing. Just get the mofo done early so teams can start preparing for the draft, no?

Second, why do they require representatives to sit there for the show? First, it's not like each of the team reps actually draws anything live on the show. It's all done before hand and they just reveal it on the show. So what does it matter if anyone from any of the teams sit there?

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Because the first two could engender sympathy and make the Grinch, er Stern, rig the lottery for the Rockets, given the last two winners were Nick Gilbert (Sick Kid) and Iren Pollin (elderly wife of late NBA owner).

Sure if they were somehow related to the Rockets organization, it would work better but do not know if someone exists.

Last one simply because why not?