1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's put an end to the knee-jerk reactions once and for all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 2, 2012.

1. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's not GARM if there weren't knee-jerks threads.

2. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

who are we gonna play in the finals?

3. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

They are young, I think they can handle 40 minutes a game:grin: At least if Harden/Lin/Asik keep making Morey look like a genius

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

To be fair, the only posters here who knee-jerk are the ones who are 18 years old and below. They should have their own kiddie forum.

5. 713

713 Member

James Harden will lead us to multiple championships bruh.

6. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

How about we just cut these knee jerk reaction threads.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I concur. Age is obviously the only factor.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

McHale shouldn't be fired because he won't play anyone in particular. He should be fired because he is simply not good at coaching decisions. I realize it's only been two games, and your team got turned on its head a few days before the season started, but his whack substitutions almost cost us the game today .

We were up 5, Atlanta in the midst of a big run, with about 6 minutes to play, and McHale puts in a bunch of struggling benchers? We had Delfino on the floor and maybe Morris, but that was all. Nobody in particular that could create a shot. About a minute (game time) later, we suddenly have our starters back on the floor. Why?

Things like this, I wonder if McHale will ever figure out. He's just not the right person to be running this team, in my opinion. Hopefully some day he'll prove me wrong, though. I just wish we still had Adelman. He'd be perfect for this team.

And maybe this is simply a testament to our poor depth. I just think certain pieces of the puzzle would have worked better in the situation. Machado could have helped for one, in my opinion. Jones or D-Mo might have helped too. I don't want to make this into a rookie discussion, but when you have four rookies, including three that played just as good as the rest of your bench in the preseason, I'd think you'd play st least one of them. Hopefully this changes soon, as I realize it's still early.

#28 Two Sandwiches, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I find it funny that EVERY coach is considered someone who hurts his team through bad decisions. You can go back and read clutchfans archives, or visit any other NBA forum. Every armchair Internet coach think his teams actual coach is a moron who's holding back on the team potential

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is without a doubt the truth. I don't disagree.

I'm just here to speak my opinion.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree, we will know the true team after the all star break.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It's just a message board... relax.