1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Not Make Fun Of Ty Lawson's Drinking Problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Still waiting for someone to post the Lawson's twitter picture with Harden being the Cowboys' DC.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He will learn how Harden does it without getting caught. It just shows up on national TV

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Apparently not.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I hope Lawson ( son-of-the-law:confused:) get's help! Not just for the Rockets sake, but mainly for the sake of anyone who might be on the same road he's on!
    I hope that a change of scenery/teams will help him overcome his demons!

GO ROCKETS!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Victorious

Victorious Member

Ty probably has as much a drinking problem as the people in the "im drunk thread". i bet there are some people here that drive drunk going home, a few times per month or more. Difference between you and Ty, he got caught.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Alcoholism is a real problem, and he will have to face it...But it would be all his fault from this point forward...He has every resource to be able to combat any possible addiction...

Really its fine if he drinks...but he has not shown responsibility...He has the wealth to just hire a driver. Its just as simple as that. Another DUI offense and he may really be in serious jeopardy...

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

It's not a drinking problem. It's a hiring a driver problem

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Beverley will be his driver.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Beverley bought himself a Rolls Royce with his new contract $$$$$ <a href="http://t.co/oP9sJc0dwc">http://t.co/oP9sJc0dwc</a> <a href="http://t.co/2BGygO19lC">pic.twitter.com/2BGygO19lC</a></p>&mdash; The Dream Shake (@DreamShakeSBN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN/status/619227318003892228">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's a cancer until he proves otherwise

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe he is just a drivoholic and he pairs it with alcohol

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A fool and his money are soon parted.

DD

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just because it's not what YOU would have done doesn't make it automatically foolish.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4 times? Dude, how many times has he driven drunk and not been caught? He has a real problem. His problem is not getting DUI's, it's alcohol abuse.

This isn't a joking matter. He needs to address that. Right now basketball isn't what he needs to be focusing on. Alcoholism will have a huge negative impact on the team not to mention his own personal health.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

LOL, that's an old car and he's pimping the dealer's plate. I doubt that car cost what you thought it does.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Growing a thicker skin could be another approach to take. Lawson is in the public eye and is not immune to criticism. Are you going to go after all other 31 fanbases when they will undoubtedly make alcoholic jokes? IMO Lawson deserves all the ridicule he is getting maybe it will shame him into halting all the self inflicted stupidity. Hes a Rocket, I'll root for him, but I cant help but think about Eddie Griffin and just hope Lawson gets his mind right.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Ty's our player now. He clearly has a problem. Unless you're just an *******, why would you choose to mock him, rather than support him?

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I just don't understand someone in their positions drinking and driving honestly. With that type of money and your homies always with you, get someone else to drive.

Drink all you want when you party. Get your entourage or call a damn black car to drive you home.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I've had a good friend of mine killed by a drunk driver. I have no sympathy for a guy who's had multiple arrests for drunk driving. He can kill himself if he wants, but when he gets behind the wheel he puts other innoncent people at risk and its selfish and irresponsible. You want to rub his back and hope he gets better go right ahead, he has a long way to prove that he really gives a **** and is here for more than a paycheck. I dont wear red and yellow blinders, sorry.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why do people get drunk and have unprotected sex? Just wear a condom!

Why do people get drunk and get into fights over petty bull****? Just let it slide!

Why do people get drunk and then do lines of blow? Just say no when someone offers you a bump!

etc., etc.

Some people repeatedly make destructive decisions under the influence of alcohol. And they keep drinking, and keep making destructive decisions, because they're addicts.

Ty got busted for drunk driving 3, maybe 4 times. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was completely blackout each time. In that state, a lot of people are completely immune to good advice.

It's the nature of alcoholism.

I'm sure it doesn't help that he no doubt has a crew that enables his behavior, because hey, who doesn't enjoy partying on someone else's dime?