1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's look at the bright side...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by count_dough-ku, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

We are a lot better off then Dallas or San Antonio...

They both lost a game AT HOME to underdogs.

2. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

If the team can't focus or take the heat, it's another 2005 playoffs all over again. De ja vu?

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The bright side: This is game 3, not game 7.

4. G Rat

G Rat Member

Bright side - I have tickets to game 5 in Houston, so now I definitely get to go! And hopefully clinch!!

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I just got goosebumps!

Anyways, 2 straight wins to close it out now, besides a sweep in a 7 game series is pretty tough, just ask the Suns, Mavs, and Spurs...

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The bright side:

We will still win the series.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some bright spots. Rockets played horrible in every aspect. They were outhustled and i think the jazz got a few favorable calls.

Despite all that, the game was still winnable.

8. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Our offense has been bad for the past 3 games, hopefully the law of average will pull us out in next two, and even the next round :)

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

To add to that point, it's nice to see flopping has become a regular part of the jazz game again

10. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

The Tmac in Game3 was a disappointing tmac. His shooting percentage was really terrible. He should step up and penetrate more into the inside. I believe that he will makee adjustments in the next game.
    Go Rockets, Go Tmac!

11. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The bright side is:

5 players will score for us on game 4........ on second thought, never mind!

12. wiredog

wiredog Member

bright side on a personal level...i get to see the rockets eliminate the j*zz on monday night!!!!!

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

lol. yeah. I was starting to think after game 1 and 2..."where are the flops"?!

okur really stepped it up.

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

not really. there is ridicule for all, but not an indepedent thread for each.

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

seriously! im screaming the entire time, "that's derek fisher!" or "that's gordon giricek!" if t-mac has any pride, he'll eventually wake up and realize he's being guarded by guys that can't hold a candle to him, that putting giricek on him is a slap in the face and major disrespect, and that even with his diminished athletic capacity tmac can STILL burn anybody on the jazz team with ease. we saw it in game 2 when he attacked the basket. derek fisher consistently gets glued to the ground and giricek...seriously, do i need to say any more. TMAC STOP BAILING THEM OUT WITH YOUR JUMPER, TAKE IT IN BECAUSE CAN'T NOBODY ON THE JAZZ TEAM STOP YOU!

16. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

The bright side is: performance wise the team has absolutely hit the rock bottom. They have made history by haveing only 4 of them scored in a playoff game.

From here on, there is no place to go but up!!!!

SI

17. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Yup. AND Yao needs to pass the ball out and repost for better position!

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i wish we had the 05 t-mac.

19. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i wish we had 2002 tmac

20. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

i agree to a point that tmac needs to be more aggresive driving to the basket but lets take a look at it seriously...

no one is making any outside shots at all and as im sure everyone is noticing, the lane is clogged when he takes a step forward. as soon as someone starts hitting from the outside, then i can see tmac being more aggresive. he cant do much of anything right now aside from charging into guys leaving our outside shooters. he does settle but sometimes theres more than that. the good thing is that we cant shoot like this all round, throughout the playoffs...if so then the rockets deserve to lose.

if you want to take a closer look at something else, yao was roughed up. the jazz were getting away with alot of pushing and all yao had to do, was turn around for a hook to get called for offensive foul. yao was outmatched the whole game by a combination of the refs and the jazz bigmen. he should be expected more play similiar to last night and he better be ready. we need him to be just as aggresive, if the refs allow him to be, as tmac...

#40 rusHour, Apr 27, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007