1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4chuckie, Oct 23, 2003.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Well the major conference unbeatens are down to 2 (Ok and Miami) after WVU upset Va Tech.

Now Va Tech go regroup and beat Miami!

My Bucks have a horrible offense but I still have a glimmer of hope of visiting New Orleans!

2. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Dude, you're forgetting TCU.

Go Frogs!

:p

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Despite this shocking loss, Virginia Tech still scares me a lot as a Miami fan. I would not be surprised to see them play their best game of the season and knock off Miami.

Personally, I think Oklahoma is by far the best team in college football, and everyone else is grouped together.

The good thing about this is that it will create controversy over who gets to play Oklahoma in the title game, and to me, that is the only way to get a playoff instituted....the BCS must come up with a sham team in that game for that system to be changed.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Actually, I wasn't that shocked. VT (much like KSU) likes to whip up on patsies at home, but put them on the road against a good team and this is usually what happens. WV is a good team. They should have beaten your 'Canes, Manny. :D

Is it my imagination or does VT seem to play more weeknight games on ESPN than any other team? It's been that way for years.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I would love UofH to beat the crap out of TCU this weekend in Houston, but after last weeks performance, which I went to, I don't see that happening...:(

GO COOGS!!!

6. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Unless we get the ground game back into gear, they arent going anywhere. That and Krenzel have me very worried.

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I really don't think our ground game is going anywhere this year. Bad o-line and small and injured RBs don't give me much hope there.

I hope we can start passing the ball (like vs, NC State in OT) but I agree Krenzel looks like his elbow is still hurt since he's come back. Much as I like him may have to get McMullen in the game if he's not effective.

It's great being 6th (hopefully 5th now) in the BCS rankings but having the 116th (out of 119 teams) ranked offense really does show a team can win with defense and special teams.