1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's go after Markieff Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Would you trade for Markieff Morris

1. Yes

27.6%
  2. No

72.4%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No too much weird brother baggage

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

He is officially demanding a trade.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150812_Markieff_Morris_demands_trade_from_Suns.html

"One thing for sure, I am not going to be there," Morris said.
    "If you want to put that out there, you can put that out. " he added. "I don't give a [freak]. I am not going to be there at all. That's just what it is." "I've got to show up. No question." said Markieff Morris, who is scheduled to make $8 million this season. "You can't do that. I will be a professional. Don't get me wrong. "But it won't get that far. … I'm going to be out before then, should be."

Rockets best opportunity is to wait until Brewer can be traded on Jan 15th. They don't have many mid sized contracts besides Ariza to trade for Morris.

3. brooksstephens

We traded his brother... so he probably talks trash about us behind our backs and doesn't want to be friends with us or let Harden sit at the same table as him during their lunch period.

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

KJ McDaniels & Terrance Jones combined works. Of course we would also have to wait to do that trade. Morris is a very interesting case.

5. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Correct me if im wrong but The Rockets traded Marcus to the suns to Join his brother Markieff. IF anything, He would like us for doing that for him.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But why would you do that trade? Sure it probably gives you a better backup PF but it doesn't really move the needle.

7. brooksstephens

Well, I'm sure Morey couldn't have cared less who else was on the team that he was trading Marcus to, but I guess it worked out for the two of them.

Still, don't underestimate the middle-school mentality that both Morris twins seem to be stuck in.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This.

He doesn't move the needle, he's a headcase and will likely cost us TJ + KJ. KJ is a guy that I think will have tremendous value by the end of next year since Ariza's workload was ridiculous and not sustainable in the long-run.

While it's true that Morris is a skilled face-up player; so is Carl Landry, and there have been hints that Philly will look to waive or buy him out. If you want a face-up scorer that badly, why not consider a much cheaper familiar face?

9. dragician

dragician Member

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Markieff's preferred destination list:
    1) Detroit
    2) Detroit
    3) Detroit

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Seriously? Carl Landry?

I think some of you are undervaluing Morris a bit. Landry's hardly backup quality at this point in his career. With Morris, you get a young starter quality PF locked up on a good contract for the next 4 years. The importance of having a quality rotation player on a great contract for that long shouldn't be underestimated, especially while Dmo and Tjo will be chasing big contracts this off seasons.

12. brooksstephens

As others have already said, Morris isn't the piece that will put us over the top.

I'd rather stand pat and watch Morey swing for the fences again.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yes, really.

I'd rather pay Landry the minimum for this "need" for face-up scoring than I would sacrifice TJ +KJ and be stuck with $32M guaranteed. Obviously, I feel Morris is very overrated. Add to that his attitude problems -- I think the potential for disaster is exponential. Especially, if he were to hypothetically be relegated to bench duties. He doesn't seem like the type that would accept such a permanent demotion.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Some twins go nuts if they arent near each other.

15. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

To be fair, Markieff has said he will play anywhere. His beef with the Suns stems from the fact that the Morris twins both took a paycut to sign extensions with the Suns only for the Suns to trade Marcus without consulting either of them.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not saying Markieff and/or Marcus Morris to Houston is on the table. Maybe Morey would like having the flip-able contracts, except that he'd run into the problem of the brothers making a stink again if they aren't kept together.

Probably the only way I'd even look at Markieff Morris is if I could catch the Phoenix GM on the phone, really, really drunk and alone in his office (no one to stop him) and get him to somehow cough up Devin Booker. And I won't hold my breath on that chance.

17. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Both took a paycut? No. Markieff took a pay cut and that money went to his brother. The suns said they can split up $52 million between them however they want. Also they don't have a no-trade clause in there contract, nor do they deserve one, so I see no problem. They haven't done **** in the league for this to be "disrespect." They should be happy to be in the league. Trades are a part of the business.

18. basketballholic

There may be more truth to this than what you think.

And Detroit has the contracts to trade for Markieff. But they'll most likely need a third team. ;)

Portland may be #4 on your list after Detroit.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Time to buy low!

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Having to trade something for him isn't buying low.