1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get rid of Harden? Really?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Feb 12, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

A coaching change was the easiest to make. What I mean is that you can just fire a coach. But the players you have to trade. As far as GM Morey has had set backs but he is still great so it would be hard to replace. A coaching change is the easiest to make because their are better coaches out there than Mchale and JB.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yall arguing with eachother over some scrub there aint nothin to be mad about

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again nobody is saying Harden is the sole reason why we're ranked 29th on defense. But he's one of the major reason why we are so damn bad defensively. All it takes is for one individual to kill the entire defensive assignment, especially in the NBA. Allowing your man to blow right by you ****s up the defensive rotation. Ball watching instead of keeping your man in arms length is a defense killer. I know Harden isn't the only one doing these things but he does them more consistently. And that is fact. Don't believe me, well go back and watch every single game again and count how many times Harden does those exact things.

Why did Harden revert back to playing piss poor defense?

And whenever Harden is engaged defensively we normally wins. So go figure.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It boggles my mind how you don't listen but you're upset with me. We've already had this discussion on defense in this thread it's two or four pages back. Your theory that he is the main problem is wrong and it's been proven wrong. I already said he's terrible at defense what the hell else do you want?This is the reason I was a tool to you earlier because you want me to have the same discussion over and over and it never solves anything. Lets just agree to disagree you can ignore all the substantive posts on the subject and just keep restarting conversations that have already been pretty much settled all you want. I won't be responding.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You going off on a tangent foe no damn reason at all. Bwhahaha and you're asking why someone is mad at you. Come on dude get out of your feelings. You and I talked the Rockets several times begore. And you should know that me disagreeing with you is nothing to get all worked up for. You went on attack mode because I simply said why are you bringing Howard into this. Posting his stats and what he makes. Lol man this is about Harden who doesn't play defense whatsoever. If he does his job defensively, Mr. Hated Mchale would still have his job, and we wouldn't be hovering around. 500 right now.

It's not a theory either lol, Harden is by far the worst defender in the league today. Everybody is talking about how bad he is and teams are taking full advantage of his defensive woes. That's not a coaching problem either home boy.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No you're the one who seems upset. I called you mad. I didn't ask if you were mad at me. Again you don't listen. You replied to me and you still mad at that Dwight post. It ain't me... it's definitely you. You respond with nothing of substance. You hate Harden that's fine, get off his nuts and stop crying about it already.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha I hate Harden but wears his jersey to every game. Even my kids has his jersey. And you're on here talking about substance. Get real dude.
    And again, mad for what, this is a sports forum and I don't know you from the man and the moon.

And what makes you think any of your post are of substance. Do you even know team defense means? If so then you would know exactly why our defense is so bad. If you played even street ball, you would know who to attack on this Rockets team. Even mediocrity roll players are putting up big numbers on the Beard.
    But yet you're on here talking about substance. You're indeed comical.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You don't read well. Read my posts. Read the posts in this thread. Read first then maybe you will actually have something relevant to say.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Also if you're not a Harden hater I don't really see the point your replies. Atleast an honest Harden hater you know why they are saying what they are saying. You I have no idea. I said Harden has terrible defense I just don't think it's all his fault that we are 29th in defense. I think that's a fair assessment that anyone who doesn't hate Harden would approve of. I also told you we proved it's not all his fault a couple of pages ago. You clearly refuse to read it so the only thing I can think of is either you're a hater or you want to argue over nothing I guess, lol. I don't know.

10. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

As much as I love James he rarely stays engaged on the defensive end. He also lazily rotates and loses focus putting him out of position in the team defense.

11. Parham1979

Parham1979 New Member

lets trade a top 5 or 6 player?:rolleyes:

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude stop looking at freaking stats and utilize the eye test as well as your own personal experience playing the damn game. My opinion doesn't have anything to do with any type of damn hate. It's what I see damn near every night when watching the Rockets play. If you don't understand the basic concepts of team defense and how important it is, then you're a lost soul on this topic period. Of course he's not in it alone but he is the main culprit whether you like it or not.

13. Ranny

Ranny Member

Man you two are still at it?? LOL thanks guys! both of you have made my thread grow with your rivalry

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We really don't have a rivalry going on because we've agreed on a lot of things concerning the Rockets. I believe this is the only topic we've disagreed on. My thing is this is about Harden so why bring up Dwight's stats and how much he's getting paid. Lol Harden has regressed big time defensively and it's affecting the teams defense in a major way. It doesn't take a Rockets Scientists to figure that **** out. We went from top 10 to 29th in a freaking year. Like I told him go back and watch every game, slow the **** down and you will see how Harden's mishaps on defense is putting everybody in a bind defensively. But since I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I'm a hater with no substance. Bwhahaha too funny.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Again this has been proven false. Sometimes I use the eyeball test but your eyes sometimes fail you. Again it's been proven in this thread and we all know you don't want to read it. Lets say that the stats pointed to Harden being the worst on the team in every defensive category (They are not). *Harden is not here for his defense. He's second in the league in scoring that's what he is here for. And for the final time James Harden has always sucked at defense. He's always blown assignments, that's not up for debate so I don't need the eyeball test for that. We all know that already. What you fail to understand is that we have dropped so far defensively that Harden can't be the main reason that we've dropped because he already sucked. If we dropped it has to be because of something else. Dwight Howard literally has career lows in some defensive categories that's the reason we have dropped in defense. Ariza and others have also dropped.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden takes away the teamwork factor. He makes Ty Lawson and Howard under utilized. You can probably get any player you want for him, ideally a forward. You are trying to create a risky system that revolves around him and limits the other players abilities. This may be fine but if you stack players around him like most of you are trying to do and Harden for whatever reason gets hurt, what team would we have left?

If you go watch the games where it was a lineup of Lawsom, Thorton, Howard, Ariza, and Smith they worked well together and dug the team out of huge deficit. Similar lineups work well too. Lawson, Howard, and Thorton is a good combo. Throw in a solid scoring option Forward and you have something nice.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. You get rid of Harden and you get rid of heroball in the 4th quarter of every single freakin' game.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's not we all, it's just you thinking I didn't read the thread. And do you know why Dwight is having career lows? Let me Que you on since your eye test continues to fail you. HE CAN'T COVER FOR EVERYBODY MAN ESPECIALLY HARDEN AND STILL DEFEND HIS MAN. ONCE HARDEN MESSES UP THE ROTATION, everybody else is scrambling to cover for him. If Harden's holds his ground like he did last season. We would see better numbers all across the board defensively. We would also have a much better record.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've replied to people who were stubborn and ignored facts and stats before but never someone who ignores all those things while also ignoring posts proving them wrong while completely ignoring logic all at the same time, lol. There is actually no sense in replying to you with anything substantive because no matter what evidence or logic is brought before you, you're just going to spout something about the eyeball test, lol. Maybe you should get your eye's checked. By the way Dwight is still at career lows in several categories even when Harden isn't on the floor, lol. But I know you'll just ignore that too.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL

What a bunch of crap.

Harden will occassionally lose his man on a rotation or be a turn style.

This narrative that it happens more than 2-3 times a game is just plain stupid at this point.