1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be more patient with Jeremy Lin, shall we?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Oct 25, 2012.

1. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

I can see he had a bad game again, but there is silver lining to this though.

For the first time, I see him look comfortable facing the other PG defensively. He is scrappy and kept his man in front of him most of time. I know it was Vasquez and he still needs to use his body more when defending, but I can see he is on his way. I did not believe he can improve his defense much in his career. This game gave me a faint hope that he can actually become better than Nash one day on defense.

His knees looked ok now. He moved well and was able to finish a very difficult lay up. Physically, he looked one step closer to the old "Linsanity". Mentally, he needs a series of good games to regain his confidence. With Rocket being this young now, I think we can afford to allow them the room for them to grow.

He played in a very different system right now comparing to what NY had. He gives up the ball very early under McHale. I don't think he is playing the game he is used to. I have faith in him that once he figures out the systems and his teammates, his field goal percentage will increase a lot considering he typically does not force shots.

After all this is a pre-season game and we still won. Who cares if a guy or another had a bad game.

By the way, Asik looks like a real deal. Defensively, I think he is right there with Yao if not better. He is a rebounding machine and getting more and more dangerous in offence. So far, his $8 mil appears to be worth every penny.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree, too many people are being linpatient.

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I stopped reading after this line.

4. pnr

pnr Member

He was better than Nash on defense even last year.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Please stop just stop. Common sense isn't welcome here.

6. nathan3l3

nathan3l3 Member

There's a reason why Rockets' basketball people leaked out the report that they weren't as high on Lin as the ownership. They know Lin isn't as good as they thought he would be, and they don't want to take the blame.
    I don't really care about the 1-8 shooting, but the 6 turnovers against the Hornets who basically played their scrubs out there showed me that he's not an elite player. I can honestly say that the among the starting five right now, he's the worst player. I'd place the order like this:
    1. Kevin Martin 2. Osik 3. Parson 4. Patterson 5. Lin
    Oh, and Lowry looks like phenomenal.

7. King Boo

King Boo Member

You saying Jeremy Lin should aspire to be better than Nash on defense one day made me inhale some milk :mad:

You trapped me by starting out all reasonable and then throwing that in there. Touche.

8. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Respectfully disagree. Lin showed extraordinary court vision, ability to penetrate , ability to finish in traffic and leadership during Linsanity. These traits typically don't just vanish on such young players. Remember the adversities Lin fought through earlier in his career. I have full faith that he will rebound from injury and adjust to the new system.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am curious how are you the worst player when your running the offense for the the NBA's top 3 offense thus far this pre-season. Top 5 preseason offenses so far: OKC (107.1 pts per 100 poss) PHI (105.1) HOU (103.2) TOR (102.5) POR (102.0).

10. dayanm

dayanm Member

3 of them TO's were from the last 5 mins after he got subbed in. They all happened under the basket, either from bad layup finishing, or last milisec dish. He was obviously forcing them.

He's a important piece among the starters.

11. carayip

carayip Member

Okay, you really believed some Rockets bball people would leak a report that bashed their owner and star player? Did those people want to get fired? Did it even make sense?

12. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Positive sign: He is fast physically. He will surprise everybody again...

Yes, be patient. it is a preseason game to get back to NBA shape

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He played basically 25 games last year. We still really don't know who he is as a player yet.

My goal is to wish he would be a starting level player, which looks like a reach right now.

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Hes not starter material in the NBA

15. Mr. Clutch

He is still getting penetration.

Just needs to get the shot back.

16. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i dont care anymore with all this bashing against Lin.

After talk about Machado be our starter PG.

And now everybody want Machado to be cut...the trend now is Livingston.

Are you just TROLLING.

And i do not care anymore.

17. Mr. Clutch

I still care about Jeremy Lin.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

it seems he still does not have confidence to shoot the ball. but yes I do care as well.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Whatever, good think we aren't competing for anything

It's a win-win situation

if he develops into a good player, great, we have a good pg

If he sucks this year, we get a top 5 pick

If he sucks next year, we get another top 5 pick

If he sucks next next year, we get another top 5 pick etc.

20. Mr. Clutch

Maybe you should make a poll.