1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be honest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 2, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lets be honest while op is well liked here he is a certified hater and gets a mini orgasm every time rockets lose.

Good..good...

Let the hate flow through you
    [​IMG]

everything is happen exactly as i had foreseen it

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

without any doubt, we were still a legit championship caliber, as long as we played relentless n persistent team D like we did to Celtics in the last minute on Mar 1st 2020.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Smh, why didn’t this fool make this thread after we beat the Jazz or the Celtics?

yet another example of a crybaby frontrunner

WestendMassive, YOLO and Rocket River like this.
  4. macan

macan Member

i'll come back to this thread after every loss

Nook likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

yeeesh I hope I dont lose my passion for life the older I get. funny thing about these type of threads is that the OP can ALWAYS just say "glad I was wrong" and it never happened. clout chasing.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look it is my op, it’s ok to think otherwise, but I saw this show with Don Nelson.

I just don’t think this style can win in the playoffs.

DD

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

This is the type of game we needed to lose for them to focus on winning against clips and then go on another 7 game winning streaks

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The fact that we know we need that 2nd seed and still come out flat shows a lack of leadership and drive. Plus small ball is easy to guard against when you can lock in on it during a series.

just enjoy the regular season, 55 wins coming right up.

DD

daywalker02 and Nelly like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

man this sht had you up all night - relax baby. its really not that big of a deal. this team hasn't even played one playoff game together. Chris Paul is not coming through that door - you gotta dance with who brung ya.

team lost defensive focus last night when they lock in they can beat anybody. you'll see.

10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Today was a blown chance. How many times has this team failed to beat bad teams this season? Too many. Championship teams deal with lower opponents in a much more professional way.

Harden is also shooting really atrociously ever since his hot start to the season. Is it a slump? Injury? When is it going to break?

DaDakota and Nelly like this.
  11. apatel123

apatel123 Member

DaDakata.. I expected more out of you. Not impressed with your knee-jerk assessment. you enjoy the regular season, I'll enjoy the playoffs

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

The awful loss last night was tremendously discouraging. One, you could see it coming. Bet you the night before the game "partying" was a factor. This is signature James Harden. How many games through the years has he seemed "hung over?" A bunch and some of those were playoff games. I have heard all the excuses, blah, blah, blah. But, champions are just different. Relentless intensity comes to mind. Brutal determination, laser focus, and an obsession with winning ever game. The "Robin role" was supposed to provide that to "Batman." Whether Chris Paul or Westbrook, it never seems to be quite enough. Ho hum, just another game. With twenty games remaining and in the midst of a tight playoff race, a bone headed loss matters.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let's be honest: this thread would not have been made had they won again.

So whatever...throw that game & this thread in the trash.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I was down after last night, really wondering if this team could do it in the playoffs....

Then I woke up to this post leading the way this morning, checked at what clown started it......

Now, I have no doubt the Rockets will kill it in the playoffs......

15. payaso

payaso Member

Well, it gave every sign of being a "Harden strained his G-string hand last night" kind of game... and to a previous point: his drives were much more effective when he had a rim runner on his tail as he headed into the paint. He doesn't possess the "Where'd the ball go?" speed of Russ getting to the rim, so an average, serviceable big can look like Mutombo swatting him away when the alley-oop is not in play.
    To me it's a lessons-learned instance of what to look out for, since you can't coach length. Knicks were able to drop 3 guys in the paint all night with a reach advantage over the longest Rocket, with predictable results- paint scoring dropped precipitously. Agree with the homologation of pre- and post-trade deadline playing style by bringing Chandler off the bench for a few shifts when Russ sits... and can we agree that there's such thing as too small, even in the Rockets' current system? I'm looking at you, Chris Clemons. Great story- undrafted, (way) undersized shooting guard, insane athleticism for that size, a shooter without conscience... he could end up an overseas legend. But Troy Daniels, his plus-7 inches and his career 40% - plus 3pt percentage is out there, screaming for the Rockets to sign.

#55 payaso, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Cosmonaut likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever it is the Rockets showed last night is not a good omen for the playoffs, for sure. I think it has less to do with the "small ball" lineup and more to do with the team's lack of discipline that has plagued them all season.

Naismith and Little Bit like this.
  17. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The big problem with this team is that it has no variants in the game scheme and becomes too predictable. Other counterproductive factors are the irregularity in the percentages of three-point shots and the rebounding capacity of the team, which have made it one of the most unpredictable teams in the league, capable of justly defeating the Lakers and losing catastrophically with Golden State, Phoenix or New York. If your only alternative is the "small ball" scheme, your star player has nights with percentages of 17% or 23% in three-point shots and your rebounding ability is not good ... you are definitely in trouble against any opponent. I still think we don't have the right staff to win a title playing this way, but this could be mitigated if MDA and the players understood that the defensive intensity should be a constant and not "an exception to the rule."

18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I understand your frustration with last night's game. We have consistently played down to lesser teams for the past season couple of seasons. MDA addresses it, but no response. It's on our leaders, James included to set the tone from the outset of these games. They do not set the tone for whatever reason against scrub teams and it keeps biting us in the ass.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet, because we do pick up our intensity against the best teams in the league. This loss does not erase beating the Lakers by double digits, beating the Jazz, or the Celtics twice over this last stretch of games. Our defense and rebounding and been above board against playoff caliber teams.

I don't think its fair to bring up the Don Nelson comparisons. The idea that MDA doesn't care about defense is a myth. Nelson's teams were fun to watch but never seriously challenged for a conference championship. MDA has been right there numerous times, and most recently, his players (Clint,House, CP and others) have wet the bed during crucial playoff games. I personally don't put that all on MDA.

My biggest concern is BMAC vs Carroll. BMac cant miss, but is hurting the team defensively. Carroll is a much better defender and rebounder but can't shoot like BMAC. MDA seems to be very fond of of Mclemore, and i hope that doesn't hurt us during the playoffs. I still think we need Carroll's length and rebounding. Carroll would have helped last night.

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The only hope we really have is if the Rockets go on a hot streak from three in the playoffs. It's the only way this team wins games. It's definitely within the realm of possibility.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You misspelled teammates.

And you should go become a Knicks fan... I mean your timing couldn't be any more perfect. They just beat a Western Conference playoff team that will potentially win 55 games this season.