1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me trade that Thon...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2019.

1. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Link me? Never read it. Look i’m not tryna be a know it all or argumentative, but i would like stats more than anecdotal evidence, and i never say no to somebody or their ideas until i’ve had my own hand in the outcome.

2. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

None it’s called a projection. Hm, the donald trump defense. Lets go with hyperbole and straw man to ridicule the pt.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well.....think about it this way: does your want (e.g. depth) align with Thon's apparent want (e.g. playing time)? You want the guy to add to our depth, meaning you're wanting him to be a rotational player on a team that has a legit center playing 34-35 minutes a night. Unless you're seeing something I'm not..like putting Maker at the 4 while Clint is at the 5?....

4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Again, and this is only a hope (as i’ve said multiple times), but a team with better ring prospects has changed decisions in the past. Why is it so unlikely? I know he said he wanted more mins, but everything is negotiable.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its not about being right its about the fact that this player demanded a trade because he wants more mins and here you are arguing he would be ok sitting on tjmhe bench not getting any PT.

Wanting depth is all well and good it freaking blows my mind this dude already explicitly stated he wants more mins and you think he wants a ring wtf

malakas likes this.
  6. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Maybe put him at the 4, but i leave those decisions to MDA. He could be good there? He can shoot decently from three.

7. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Ugh. Man, do you bot get what a pitch is? You put your best foot forward in hopes that is more important than their personal desire. We could try it. What does it hurt? He’s got a cheap contract is locked in for at least next yr. something Faried is not.

You just can’t let ppl have their personal positions huh?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everything is negotiable however you want to be clear he wants to be on the team before you even think of wanting to trade for him. Unless he comes out and says he is ok with the Rox even if he won't get aby mins then why bother thinking about him then?

Look at all the teams making a play for AD you won't see any lotto teams like the Suns or the Cavs. Thats because he said he wants to be on a contender these lotto teams would just be wasting their time.

9. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Lol youre not gettin the pt. Everything is negotiable means EVERYTHING is negotiable, even his stated desires. Dude leave it alone.

10. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Did he say he wasnt good with the rox? @roslolian

11. malakas

malakas Member

dkim1984 likes this.
  12. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did he say he was good with the Rox? Again only thing he said is he wants large mins. Are you arguing he doesn't want what he wants? LMAO this is hilarious!

14. malakas

malakas Member

The reason he wants playing time is to get more money in his new contract.
    If the Rockets were willing to give him a nice fat contract I am sure he wouldnt mind not playing much.

15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Is that what came from him or a guess? Also, players have changed their tune for other ancillary Benes.

Again tho, not saying this is for sure, but what is the harm if we pay a low price and see if he likes to enough to stay or not depending on if he improves enough that we wanna keep him?

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

And that’s it. You can’t make a guess that other influences won’t change his mind.

Lololo roflmao djanhsjdkcisn...

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

You clearly don't know any of the terms you talked about. The lack of evidence for something doesn't mean its true.

My basis for saying Mins are importanr to Thong Maker is because he explicitly said he wants a trade because he wants more mins. Thats a fact.

What is your basis for saying winning a ring on the Rockets is important to Thong Maker? You have no basis for that so just drop it.

18. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Youre like einstein. Can i have a poster of you?

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

The harm is you paid a price no matter how low. And it will make you look lile an idiot as he said already he wants mins and you put him in a situation where he will get even less mins tha the team he demanded a trade from.

20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Youre so right. If you never make a gamble, you can never lose. Duly noted!