1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me trade that Thon...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

But you are not Thong Maker what interests you is not what interests him. Bucks have the top record in the East and have more wins than Rockets if playing in a contender is what is important to him would stay put not demand a trade saying he wants more mins.

malakas likes this.
  2. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

That’s a specious arg. You don’t know what he’s willing to forego for what is offered him.

Do you really think the bucks can dethrone gsw?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

My position is he wouldnt even want to be on the Rox as he is explicitly stating he wants a larger role. Tradingfor him is like serving a vegan a big mac lol

4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

So you know what he’s thinking more than anyone else not thon maker? You know how he ways upside against downside. You know his desire for mins outweighs his desire for a ring.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

trade him for who? So many trade proposing threads on CF but hardly any makes sense or share who we gonna give up realistically?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I know what he wants which is a larger role and thats something the Rox cant give him.

Who cares whether the Bucks can dethrone GsW, did he mentiom wanting to dethrone GSW as his demand? No he mentioned a larger role! That is his prerequisite not sure how much clearee he has to be for you

malakas likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

To be realistic, the guy is getting 11 minutes a night on average. If that's not enough for him then he's clearly looking for 6th-8th man minutes at the very least...which is something Houston can't offer him when Capela comes back.

malakas and roslolian like this.
  8. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Did he mention he wouldnt give up a bigger role for a better chance at a ring? No. This is all conjecture.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He also didnt mention winning a ring matters to him at all, he mentioned mins are important to him thats a fact not conjecture.

Arguing that a chance at the ring more important to him is the conjecture as he didnt mention either way how he felt about it.

If all we have are facts then we stick to the facts which are mins are important to him and that's something the Rox can't provide. Everything else as you say is conjecture.

malakas likes this.
  10. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Again, we offer him something bucks cant. So maybe keeping him for the remainder of his contract (3 yrs including this one and a qo) can be done. We dunno what shape nene will be in next yr. Kenneth is a yfa next yr according to spotrac. If thon can improve, perhaps we don’t need a nene that much anymore.

So my arg is, why not pay something small for a true 7 footer and see where our org can take him.

11. malakas

malakas Member

The Bucks have no backup Center. Lopez can only play 25 minutes a night.

The minutes have been available for 2 seasons now but Thon with 3 different coaches couldnt establish himself.
    Bud has been using 12 man rotations so he gives everyone a chance.
    He has been forced to play Ersan, Dj Wilson who got his option almost not picked up this summer, and Giannis at Center.
    Its not because he has not been given chances its because hes so awful the team is better playing without him.

In fact only in teams like the Bulls and the Suns could he crack the rotation.

roslolian likes this.
  12. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

The part thatms conjecture on your part is that he won’t consider other possibilities. Our promise > the bucks. Sorry malakas.

13. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Lol alright. You guys win. You’re 100% right. He’s a worthless sack of crap. No price is worth trying.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your argument sucks the Rox can't offer him what he wants which is more mins.

15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Youre an ass. So we al good here.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Thon ever since he was a child has had a handler which makes all this situation a little shady. He is very happy in the lockeroom but who knows what this criminalish person is making him do.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I can't speak for the other posters but back up center, fortunately, is not a position of need right now for us. Once we have Capela back we have Clint, Faried and Nene. That's more than enough bodies at the 5 with Clint playing 34-35 minutes a night.

Can Thon thrive somewhere else, if given the chance? Sure but on this team he most likely would be replacing Chriss' spot at the end of the bench.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I think, no I am CERTAIN, that the Bucks paid Woj to write his article. If you read it it makes it sound like Thon is a victim of opportunities. Lol

19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I’m gonna leave this alone. Seems like ppl just wanna be right even though Thon is ubder contract longer than faried and has a qo on it. Also nene is gettin older and already doesnt ay a whole lot. I just wanted depth, and i think he’d be ok with lesser mins on a more meanjngful team, but i’ll admit i’m only guessing. But they wanna be right so i’ll just let them have it

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Whats your proof he will consider other possibilities? You need to provide proof he is open to other things otherwise you can claim anything you want.

Again fact is he wants more mins thats the whole point he is demanding a trade. You keep arguing winning a ring is more important to him than mins when there is no basis for it. Why are you asking me for evidence for something you are claiming to be true?

How do you know there isn't a cyborg gundam inside the core of the Earth? Do you have any proof it doesn't exist? Clearly the fact it doesn't exist is just your conjecture :rolleyes: