1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me trade that Thon...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Harden won't make him better. He can't catch lobs and he's a bad finisher.
    HE will make Harden worse, by being boxed out by pointguards and possibly taking out some teammate with his patent elbows.

2. Fishman5222

Fishman5222 Member

You would have to throw in Gordon with Capela and the 4 1st round picks, right?

3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

He's 7'1" with a massive wingspan. Little guys can box him out, but he's got the length to make up the difference.

Harden won't be made worse. People thought Clint wasn't gonna have the chops either, but he learned. We have richer access to big man talent to teach Thon. Either way, Thon has never had someone like Harden and has more probability of improving efficiency than he does making Harden worse.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

No one makes Harden worse. Especially not opposing defenders

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Whoever gets Thon has a legit chance to be an instant contender for the next 5 years. Watch the games

Williamson and justtxyank like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bye Bye Capela. Thon is on!!!!

LMFAO!

POOR HOLIC.

7. xaos

xaos Member

That thon thon thon thon thon

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Malakas is a Bucks fan and watches them regularly. I'd be hesitant to doubt his opinion on them unless you too watch their games regularly.

There's a reason the Bucks are open to moving him, there's a reason he doesn't get minutes. The Thon Maker your envisioning would be PERFECT for the Bucks who need 5's that can stretch the floor so Giannis can drive, look at how much success Lopez is having... perhaps there's something wrong with Maker.

malakas likes this.
  9. basketballholic

Definitely worth a look. Chriss and a second.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Talented at what?

mikol13 likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I honestly figured a guy u highly coveted should b worth more than a bum center and a 2nd round pick.

Invisible Fan and fckbandwagons like this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ya I remember that. No one knows but if he can play i wouldnt mind it. I have a feeling Memphis might go for it though.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I thought holic would give up an unprotected 1st rounder plus Capela for Thon and any filler to make up for the gap.:)

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thon is not even the greatest talent in the Bol family.

Keep an eye on Makur Maker, his 35 year old younger cousin playing college ball in California.

A 7 footer with guard like skills.

dreamshakin, malakas and King1 like this.
  15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Yea there could be, but there are some raw attributes that are worth taking a look at. Having harden and paul, both of which are meticulous passers, might help him mentally. By having access to hof big men coaches also could give him the right mentorship to fix brick hands.

Plus, i’m really refuting the pt that Harden gets made worse by this guy. If Thon is terrible, then we don’t play him. Also, harden hasn’t really gotten much help in the last few games from the rest of the team , and he’s putting up historic numbers.

I also don’t necesarily believe that thon will hurt the team bc of poor rebounding, but since thon doesn’t make as many rebounds per 36 as i would hope from a 7+ footer, i’ll give him that. But then again, we’re likely talking about 3rd string minutes upon cap’s return which he would likely excel at. That’s why I doubted the minutes he’d get in the first place.

16. malakas

malakas Member

He doesnt make up the difference with his wingspan thats why he is an awful rebounder.

If you watch Thon you can understand the importance of a physical talent that is often overlooked or taken for granted by fans.
    Coordination.
    He cant coordinate his limps. He is swinging his arms and legs like a spastic.

As for hurting the Rockets he has already taken out like 3 players by swinging his elbows. He broke Ersans nose in practice. He has created many game fights by injuring opposing players.
    Its embarassing trying to explain to opposing teams fans that its not that hes a dirty player but that he cant control his own body.
    I have seen many big stiffs 7 footers but nothing like Thon.

Not to mention how bad his hands are. They are better described as talons instead of hands. He cant catch a lob if his life depended on it.

17. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Thon is the physical talent that’s overlooked or taken for granted by fans? Do you mean that fans put too much faith in his apparent physical talent?

Again, i would like to see what a Hakeem could do for his coordination. I’ll give ya that he has elbows, and that he shoukd rebound much better for his attributes, but we’re talking 3rd stringer here. I’m about improving all of our depth, and i think thon can do that.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I mean the Bucks had Kevin Garnett giving Thon private workouts during the seasons for 3 years.
    I dont know how much better HOF big coaches can do than Garnett.
    Its not like he was drafted and discarded to rot in a corner. He has been given every opportunity.
    Also the Bucks have had Suki Hobson, and other world class strength and conditioning coaches who even invented heating chairs during games to prevent injuries and still Thon hasnt managed to put on any weight.

Williamson likes this.
  19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I disagree with the comparison of KG and Hakeem. KG great, but he’s not on Hakeems level.

Agaun though, 3rd string minutes likely means he sees limited minutes, but that is still a solid third stringer in this league. But given that, i doubted he could come here with expectations for big mins.

20. malakas

malakas Member

No I meant that the trait of coordination is overlooked or taken for granted. These humans are extremely tall and to have the same or even better coordination than us normal sized people is an athletic gift.
    Thon lacks this trait to the point that he is a danger to his colleagues.
    Bucks fans have been joking that he should be sent off to the West so his elbows wont come to haunt us. Lol

Thats why as a Rockets fan I wouldnt want Thon to come and endanger the already injury prone players.
    Its not that we are missing on anything.