1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me hear some songs that give you chills.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SleepyRodriguez, May 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E2fJDSxLYng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I could have mentioned a lot more, since going to concerts was pretty much what I did back then, as I've said here at different times. As for photos, I could post some taken at these venues, possibly at the same concerts, but not shots that I took. I was busy doing other things, like worming my way to the front of the stage if it was at the Coliseum, where that was possible. I took many photos at outdoor concerts, but I'm not posting them here. I value my privacy.

Inside Love Street. It looked far cooler with the lights turned down. Someone used a flash:

[​IMG]
    Poster for a concert I went to at Liberty Hall in August of '72.

[​IMG]
    It was an experiment. The 8pm show was for all ages and no alcohol was served, and the 11pm show was for those old enough to drink. This was for The Velvet Underground, who were great, and tickets were $2.50 and $3.50. Going to concerts at large venues and small ones was so cheap that I could see everyone. You could get a ticket for yourself and a chick, bring a bunch of goodies in with you, maybe go to a drive-in burger place for a burger, rings, and a malt before the concert, served by young carhops. All very cheap. It was truly a trip. I posted about it about a year ago in the "what music are you listening to?" thread.

One of the concerts I went to at the Music Hall. It was incredible. Frank had a huge band with him. I don't know how they made any money on that tour. The Music Hall only held about 3,000. Tickets were $4.50 and $5.50.

[​IMG]

#82 Deckard, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  3. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/BeOJDgAu4LE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/N3cqeJdj0xI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NkxRqV1UDX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1djQXq7FBUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Check out this cover by The Be Good Tanyas.

It was actually featured on an episode of Breaking Bad, and knew I had heard the song before.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-0SmXVrLlZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sib5LAQQxNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My bad for the double post; came to post this originally, but got sidetracked (see above).

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J87vtrC_JBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song is almost 8 minutes long but around the 6 minute mark until the end is just spine-tingling goodness....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v-e1feSOuP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The keyboard part that is repeated ad-nausem (a Swans trademark) at the end is just brilliant...

Magma's Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh - that entire album gives me chills. Not for everyone but if you have an open mind and want to be challenged by what music can do to your brain, you'll probably like Magma.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HWuz-7ktX1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t987p0f9y54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_rwNe2QXwrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Zackery

Zackery Member

Climbing up the Walls - Radiohead

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/qbtZyuOMdHI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/qbtZyuOMdHI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>