1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LET CAPELA FINISH GAMES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSquirm, Nov 16, 2016.

1. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

ik he's not that great of a free throw shooter bits he's improving I like nene but capela is really good with harden and he gobbles every rebound he can and hustles.

2. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

excuse my bad writing jeez

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kudos for spelling Capela correctly. Not many can. ;)

4. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

lol thanks

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Capela should be playing 32 plus minutes a night. MDA keeps talking about his stamina, but it's never going to get that if you don't play him the minutes.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint will be finishing games by the mid point but I can understand it right now . He is visibly more tired at the end of games . The last two nights he has come with great juice . If he keeps it up he will be finishing sooner rather than later

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Capela had 13 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks in 27 minutes

Doesn't seem that complicated, MDA.

#7 J Sizzle, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Clint is softer than wet toilet paper.

hvic and RightTooCensor like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

10. RightTooCensor

Capela was too soft to handle that final rebound. We literally had one last chance to tie the game down 3 points, but Westbrook alone stopped our starting center from securing a defensive rebound. He deserved to get dunked on and plastered on SportsCenter.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There's a reason why Nene comes at such a bargain and will never get anything more.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

No Westbrook hit his hand and the ball went out. Westbrook is strong and if you come down with a rebound and someone hits your arm then it's a foul (not just if it goes out).

I blame NeNe for fouling Westbrook with 4 seconds left at the FT line giving them the lead. MDA should have taken him out. Capela was on the bench for the majority of the Rockets dry spell, so don't give me that he was tired crap.

adw likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Capela got MURDERED by WB on that dunk.

That being said, good contest by Capela. It was actually a really stupid decision by Westbrook that ended in a glorious dunk. If he would have got stuffed or missed the dunk instead of just holding the ball he would of looked like a complete fool.

Also, Westbrook fouled Capela on the rebound that went out of bounds. Great night by Capela, just got caught in some bad luck at the end.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

yeah the way the thunder finished that game was strange

something tells me they still don't like the Rockets

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Seeing how Westbrook appears to feel towards Durant, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a small bit of that towards Harden

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The difference is durant flat out left. Harden got traded and to be honest he didn't seem thrilled about it, but it did not take him long to find a new home in Houston.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

0 f***s about the WB dunk. No C would've stopped Westbrook coming straight at them full speed open field.

Capela played so well, I think it was his best game defensively since he's been a Rocket. Did great when they switched, moved so quick to cover gaps in the paint, kept his man in check, and even a few blocks to top it off. Very well done to the kid. Could it be Bzdelik or Rodgers is grooming him well? Maybe Lucas?

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the most exciting part of the game for me was seeing Capela hit 3 of 4 free throws. Thank you John Lucas for helping him. Maybe the kid will actually learn to consistently hit them. I was beginning to wonder if he would ever get it down, and would get limited in minutes when we were in foul trouble all season long. We need him in there for rebounds and blocks. I like how he is progressing, and can't wait to see him in there more in the clutch minutes.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

[​IMG]

This is what happens when Capela finishes games.

20. hvic

hvic Member

whos softer Dwight or Clint