1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets will retire Yao Ming's number

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Nov 13, 2012.

1. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

This.

As far as im concerned, #11 will always be Vernon Maxwell. Because of his never say die attitude and performance in Game 3 vs Phoenix 1994, Clutch City was born.

2. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Troy Daniels is a YOF?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. because24

because24 Member

Long time Rocket fan; way before Yao Ming. I've been a Rocket fan since the 86 Finals. That being said. Yao Ming was a Great Guy and a good player. If the Rockets want to retire good players Jersey there should be at least twenty guys ahead of Yao. Some of Yao Ming fans are still hating on Stevie Franchise. It's sad to see that after all these years. Steve used to be the main attraction before and while Yao was here. Yao fans and Van Grumpy didn't like that. Just let it go Yao fans the organization chose Yao over Francis and shipped Francis off. Yao was chosen because he brought much more revenue to the Franchise and The coach disdain for Francis. For the record just because Yao played dominant against Shaq doesn't mean he was better. The big Z in Cleveland had some great games against Shaq but that doesn't mean he was no where near better. Just because you're a Yao fan doesn't mean you have to be delusional. For the most ignorant statement that stated on here saying that at least Yao is not like Hakeem by teaching the opposition how to play; that's because Yao has nothing to offer in that regard.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Is that Shanghai? Kinda mean of Yao to fly Muggsy all the way out there for a photo op

7. baubo

baubo Member

Forget twenty. Care to name 5 players whose jerseys have not been retired by the Rockets and have a better case than Yao? I'm curious to know what criteria you use where Yao doesn't have a case to have his jersey retired.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jeez....

Yao looks fat and Mugsy looks like he is hanging out with Steve Francis a bit too much

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

The NBA should retire Yao's jersey, not just the Rockets. The best player ever above 7'5". Evar!

10. i3artow i3aller

A well deserved honor for the i3ig Man.
    [​IMG]

CUE THE MUSIC!
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T0Ve5j7w26I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Yao was an excellent player for the Rockets - and he should still be playing if he hadn't gotten hurt (at this time he'd of been dominating the NBA, he was getting there before the injury). And I think the Rockets will retire his number on what he did more for the franchise as a whole than what he accomplished as a player.

If not for the injuries, he'd of gotten his number retired for what he did performance wise first and foremost!!!

Don't hate on Yao Ming!!!

12. shsu33

shsu33 Member

This was my favorite game of all time! Me and my brother were sitting completely alone in our nosebleed section when sweet Suzy came over and asked us if we wanted the seat upgrade. After missing the question, cause I listened to crowd, I knew the damn answer! We still got to sit front row with Hilton Koch. We are in the far left corner of front row with our backs to camera. The game was awesome with the exception Tmac left for the year. On NBATV that night u could see a good shot of me sitting on end seat of front row while he walks to tunnel. Yao's game was amazing and Kieth Bogans was playing balls out that night as well. Thanks for sharing that video, many great memories from that night

13. shsu33

shsu33 Member

My bad didn't realize I deleted the video. This was the best game I ever attended

14. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

15. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

Can we please please please retire Mutumbo's jersey while we are at it? I know he traveled around a lot but there are very few who deserved it more than that man.

16. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

Mutombo*** my bad.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

LOL oh really? Like who? :rolleyes:

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is wrong with you, seriously? Yao and Francis are like brothers, Yao had nothing to do with shipping him out. As much as I love the Francis-Yao 2 man game, the McGrady trade was a no brainer, even haters can see that that there was a talent upgrade and allowed the team to not just compete for the playoffs but to have a chance to progress once they got there.