1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: It's time to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Alexander bye bye ?

1. 100% YES and take Morey with you.

21 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Yes! It's time for a fresh breeze

37 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. No, he's been a great owner!

105 vote(s)
    43.6%
  4. No, he's not the problem (roster, coach, gm is /are)

41 vote(s)
    17.0%
  5. Meh...he's okay

37 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not him just him being good or bad..... He is getting old so he might really want to step down. This is the thinking of a normal person. Don't know if he really does.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol at Alexander. He is not the brightest tool in the shed.
    Guy is clinging on to his Picasso and he will see that running JVG and Adelman out of town prematurely does not do any good.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I had to stop reading right there. I'm no Leslie fan, so it's unfortunate that I couldn't finish the post. You really f'd up there, OP.

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I disagree with you on your interpretation of every single piece of evidence you present.

I think Les is one of the top 4 owners in the league. He has cut big deals with big risks throughout the time he has been an owner. Also, by hiring Morey and investing more money in advanced stats than probably any professional sports team in the world, he has shown he is committed to being a great owner.

You're just pissy because you don't agree with him.... and I'm guessing you wouldn't agree with anyone that doesn't bring in championships (no matter what the circumstances are). That doesn't mean he is bad.

1 person likes this.
  5. Doctor Robert

BTW, 2 championships in 20 years would rank him as the 4th best owner in the league if that is your only criteria!!

6. wiredog

wiredog Member

i call this the swiss cheese thread...so many holes in your argument as to why LA is a cheap owner. you may not have personally agreed with the personell he brought in on your list, but you can't deny that: 1) he shelled out some bucks and 2) he did it to win. so your argument is just based on your opinions as to who he should have brought in, NOT whether he's an owner who spends money to stay competitive. and as many of you have said, you mean he is a business owner who wants to see profit? imagine the nerves!

1 person likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dream he inherited. and no WC finals for 13, 14 years is a long one.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Les doesn't like empty seats. That's why he loves to acquire established stars. That's why he gets pissed whenever his head coach starts yapping to the media. Both JVG and RA made this mistake, and I absolutely believe that it factored into both of them being replaced. And that's why he doesn't want to rebuild. He wants to reload on the fly, so attendance won't bottom out. Just like Drayton, and the result is going to be exactly the same.

Time to rename the Rockets to the Houston Rostros.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing about him is he is living in his own world. He wants his coaches to deal well with the media and have a good media presence while he does not present himself well publicly himself.
    He cannot communicate with the best of coaches there are long term. JVG and Adelman are the best we had these years.
    He has done good too. No doubt. I think he is coming to his final years.....and him saying it's like a Picasso, he doesn't want to give away just shows you that he is becoming an Ebeneezer Scrooge.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You are trippin OP. You are so for up Moreys butt that you wont even blame the GM for every bad move made. You would go so far to go right above Morey and say fire the owner who brought us two championships and multiple playoff appearences. Look its Morey and its about time to pay up or find another job for Morey soon. So the payoff hopefully for MOrey should come by this years end or by trade for a direction or the Rockets should seek another direction at GM.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, blame the owner. Morey could've rode out mcgradys contract, but he decided to trade it and lndry for kevin martin. I'm sure it was les fault they didn't trade yao contract too. It was les fault the intern showed him some fancy numbers and traded the 8th pick. I'm sure les told adelman to hire a guy who wasn't on his staff to take over for him. Yep, blame the owner.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. koopa

koopa Member

To be fair the Rockets have been blessed with great players and exciting teams before Morey took over. At the time, getting tmac was great, getting drexler, barkley, pippen were all exciting. What has morey got us since he's been here since 07? kevin martin? Lol

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

dumb dumb post

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

What do you think another GM would have gotten us in the time since Morey took over? I just don't understand what some of you expect? People don't trade their franchise players for injury prone Tmac and Yao, and teams that lose their all stars to injury don't recover quickly. Look at Boston and the mess they were stuck with after Larry Bird retired, Len Bias died, and Reggie Lewis died. When you lose stars and have no opportunity to get anything close to equal value then your team is going to struggle. It's expected that fans are going to be frustrated by this, but I never see any sort of realistic expectation of what a different GM would have done that would have us contending right now. It isn't like if we swapped GM's with the Knicks that Carmello would have come here instead of New York. There is no GM in the world that would have gotten Bosh, Wade or Lebron to go anywhere other than Miami. Deron Williams still may leave the Nets at the end of his contract, and there are no indications that the Jazz would have been willing to trade him to anyone in the west. Some of you act like all these stars were begging to come to Houston, but then they talked to Morey and he ruined. The reality is that it is highly unlikely that ANY GM in the world would have aquired a new franchise player for the Rockets in the last two years. If you disagree, please explain to me how you think they would have done so?

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm not reading all that nonsense. The bottomline is that the Rockets had some bad luck during the Yao/McGrady era, and now they are rebuilding. They had some solid talent and made some damn good runs given the cards they were dealt. You can't point to any one person and blame them. Teams just go through this shizz sometimes. We'll be back. Soon.

17. Doctor Robert

All this seems almost random.

He wants his coaches to deal well with the media? What evidence is there of this?

He doesn't present himself well publicly? He really doesn't present himself at all. There is no prerequisite for a sports franchise owner to have a public presence.

He is coming into his final years? What evidence do you have? I see nothing but him investing in the future.

Saying it is like a Picasso and not wanting to give it away means he is becoming an old scrooge? I don't know any Picasso owners, but I sure as **** wouldn't sell one if I had it. That said, if I owned the Rockets, I would sell the Picasso first. The Rockets are probably more valuable to him than anything he has ever owned or any business he has ever run. What could be more fun than owning a basketball team? Why would anyone sell one, unless they were going bankrupt?

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

This thread is idiotic .. alexander is the freaking owner of the team .. who the heck are you guys to tell him he has to go .. you have so much of a problem why dont you leave no one is gonna miss yah. stop your constant complaining if you dont like the owner go find another team, he is a million times more powerful than you. Are you really complaining about bringing in clyde? winning a championship as a result!!!!!! he spends money to try to field compatitive teams instead of tanking .. oh my god what a horrible owner .. please just leave

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did I say I want him gone ASAP? No.... I just said it is time for a new breeze.
    It's like an election where the President has to step down. I know it works different here but you never know. Stern is going to step down in 10 yrs. why not Leslie too.

Guy is 70 + years old..... I can only assume that in a few years he can only stay and home and watch instead of taking care of all the business and at that time don't know if Morey will be around.
    It is a cycle of coming and going........ It's not like its a family business like we have with the Maloofs.

20. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah, Les can 'step down'. Rockets Jones you have the hundreds of millions of dollars to make him do it right? Great, now we can let Morey tank like he wants... oh what? You don't have hundreds of millions of dollars? Damn.

Yeah, I don't like his stance on trying to maintain as many wins as possible (even if it means staying mediocre), but it's not like we can go 'hire' an owner.