1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les pulled an A-Hole move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, May 28, 2016.

1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I wouldn't say bashing, I mean I don't hate the guy but why put your team in a situation where you need to have a perfect summer in order to had any resemblance of success under his offensive system. I guess I'm more confused about the situation more than anything.

2. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Yes but really you have a 2 year window until Harden becomes a free agent. If Morey had to just add talent then ok but he has to add specific talent which IMO makes things harder.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

lol yep

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U guys have thought too much, but u have forgotten that Les is a success NBA boss for years and Morey is a smart GM.
    The management team has some informations that u don't know forever.
    U guys and the media have talked too much nonsense

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you think Morey had nothing to do with McHale hiring you are an idiot.

DD

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yupp!

Thats the dominant locker room presence we need:mad:

And He's from Texas too:(

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's sad people think Les has been successful. Hasn't won **** with his own work, lucked into buying a prebuilt roster.

Les is a bad narcissistic owner who thinks he is way smarter then the basketball people he hired to make the correct decisions. To bad he's r****d level at basketball and has cratered the Rockets into the laughing stock punchline of the league.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

I was swayed by the thread subject. I do agree that it's not an easy situation for morey, but I think it was also assumed at the end of the season that we needed to do some significant retooling. At least morey has a clear philosophy to retool around now (versus continuing to build around moreyball

10. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Nonsense? Lol what are you talking about? I think most people would agree hiring a coach who has never shown the ability to be able to adjust to the players he has is not smart. He's gonna play his style whether he has the players to do it or not. It's the same thing that's been going on in Houston for a couple seasons now.

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

True. This is fair. He definelty has his work cut out for him trying to find the right fit.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is like selecting who is the lesser Evil..... well Les is surely the bigger one

'I want somebody who is good with the media, who can really talk in interviews. Who is better than Kevin?'

Alexander gave his favorite choice, Morey acted on it.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If u r a fan of lots teams like Kings, Knicks and so on , u should have been suicide.
    GW is the best team in these years, but they r suck 20 years.
    The NBA team's success is not just champion, it's a system Evaluation, if u r any a fan, i can understand what u think, but if u r a management or a boss, u should understand what a team means

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If a fan think he can do things better than the NBA management team, it's too ridiculous.
    U can say what u want to say, but u should learn to understand why the management team do things different as u fans.
    If u think u smart all the team management, u should have been some team's boss, then u can do what u want to do

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dead on!

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How has Les been a successful owner for years? We've won 3 playoff series in 19 seasons! Think about that. The dude inherited that first title team and aside from the Drexler trade had nothing to do with the second one either. His real mark on the franchise can be felt in the aftermath of the 1997 season when he and Rudy rolled the dice on Barkley and went for the whole thing one last time.

And no offense, but the guy's tenure as owner has bordered on disastrous if you measure success by how often you advance in the postseason. Here's a list of the NBA franchises that are as bad or worse than the Rockets in the last 19 seasons:

Toronto Raptors - Thanks to this season's playoff run, they've now tied the Rockets' total of 3 playoff series wins. But rest assured, if they can retain Biyombo and DeRozan, they'll surpass that number easily next season and beyond.

Washington Wizards - They've won 3 playoff series total just like us since the 1997-98 season.

Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats - They've won 3 playoff series total just like us since the 1997-98 season. But they didn't even exist for 2 years in that time frame and then were an expansion team after that.

Milwaukee Bucks - They've won 2 playoff series total over the last 19 years and they were both in the same season, 2000-01.

Minnesota Timberwolves - They've won 2 playoff series total over the last 19 years and they also were both in the same season, 2003-04.

Denver Nuggets - They've won 2 playoff series total over the last 19 years and they also were both in the same season, 2008-09.

New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans - They've won only one playoff series since 1997-98. But they also didn't even come into existence til 2002, so they almost shouldn't be included.

That's the company the Rockets are in under Les Alexander. We're only better than the T'Wolves, Nuggets, Bucks, and Pelicans and are on par with the Raptors, Wizards, and Hornets. I don't know about anyone else, but I find that record indefensible.

1 person likes this.
  17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U can ask Forbes or Goldman Sachs, what is the nba team's success?

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I'm surprise so many guys haven't basic business concept.
    They can't understand why a nba team can exist

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, when you put it that way . . . DAMN, we suck. :eek:

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, try using that pitch when selling season tickets:

The Rockets must be doing great. They're worth way more than when Les Alexander bought them 23 years ago.

Good luck filling Toyota Center with that line. BTW, the Clippers who in their entire history have never made it past the 2nd round recently sold for 2 billion. So the value of an NBA franchise means d-ck to me. As a fan, I want wins, preferably in the playoffs. And with regularity. We shouldn't have an entire generation being born and reaching adulthood between trips to the WCF.