1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les keeping original Championship throphies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 2, 2018.

1. LG1200

LG1200 Member

it really really really sucks he's keeping the original trophies. But let's be real guys, if you had the option to keep them and take them with you, you would as well. anyone who says no, is a damn liar

Kam likes this.
  2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

4 time NBA Champions.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Now we know why he had a mural of himself holding the trophies in front of all the players.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

5. CALI_MOST_WANTD

It kinda sucks he did that but I cant say that if I was him I wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing. It's not like him taking the trophies means it never happened. But as a fan of the Rockets it sucks knowing I'll probably never see them in person now.

6. CALI_MOST_WANTD

But no one cares about the WNBA

7. JW86

JW86 Member

He’s shown his true colours, ever since winning the trophy but even more so in taking them. Any sports person knows it’s about the team, the city, the fans. It’s not like Leslie did much anyway to get those. He wrote off on Drexler for Thorpe, that’s it.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He took them away from the city of Houston because he's not a Houstonian.
    He a rich New Yorker, who has homes in Florida as well.

There was no regard for history when he changed the colors of the team after winning 2 titles because he wanted to sell more jerseys.
    And he didn't sell more jerseys because the jerseys were ugly.

The only reason why he changed it back to red is because of Yao Ming and China. If it wasn't for Yao, we might look like clowns.

ghettocheeze and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

it's petty that he took the WNBA trophies.

He probably took the toilet paper out of the restrooms when he left as well, making Tilman run to Costco.

SORF likes this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

Les never wanted a WNBA, but his wife (at the time) did. So he accepted a WNBA franchise. They won the first four WNBA championships. Then he split from his wife. She wanted the Houston Comets in the settlement, but he refused. After they were divorced, he sold the Houston Comets to spite his ex-wife....and refused to pass the banners or trophies to the new owners. 2 years later the Houston Comets were disbanded and the WNBA reassigned the players to other WNBA teams. Yet Les, keeps the WNBA championship trophies of a team he never wanted or really liked. Les is a small man with all of his trophies...including his current trophy lady.

cbs1507, tinman and Little Bit like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

There are a lot of non Houston people who blindly love Les and do not know the full history of his ownership.
    They don’t know the meetings with Louisville during the fight to get a new stadium
    But you know and you keep the real history alive

RasaqBoi and Know Your Role like this.
  12. Know Your Role

We didn't need a new stadium downtown where everyone gets stuck in traffic. Compaq Center/Summit had a soul and experience that the TC can never replace. Never forget Whataburger.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's interesting on original article how the owner can actually do whatever he wants to do w/ the trophies (per nba.com). So now I'm wondering how often this has happened and the media never reported on it. Like do the real ones always get replaced w/ reps, I mean for all we know this has happened a lot of times.

For example ... Just look at all the trophies the Clipper's owner took. Hahaha, that's bad but .. Lol

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Where do you park to where you get stuck in downtown traffic? Every time I went to compaq, I was stuck in the ****ing garage because the garage was the only place to park. As soon as the game is over at Toyota center, i get home quickly.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It’s called leverage. It’s called negations. Astros did the same thing. Oilers did the same thing.

Astros talked to officials in northern Virginia. Oilers talked to Jacksonville. Astros eventually got Enron and Bud got more seats put it.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Give the city and the fans back our trophies
    You slime ball

whiskeyred and BamBam like this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Atleast Le$ was willing to pay Ryan Anderson nearly a hundred million dollars.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah that was a **** show. I remember people would park in West U and walk over the Edloe overpass, it was the only way to avoid that

19. StrawberryJamm

Glad he's keeping them safe, Tillman would have sold them off.

Gorki and J.R. like this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lead the way tinyman!!!! :mad:

Killatron 2000 likes this.