1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander draft night appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. limeal

limeal Member

i do not get it if we keep 3 2-round rookies.
    Morey, please give us some big follow-ups!!

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

gotta give les his props. even before this, hes been coming off as a guy who is willing to dish out the cash- RJustice said that Les was willing to add on 1 mil more to just get the landry deal over with last summer, but morey told him to wait and not pay- that landry would come at the price they wanted, or not at all. Its great to see an owner that is willing to do whatever it takes, and a GM that will make smart moves, not easy ones.

1 person likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've made fun of Les before and will again, but you have to give it up to the guy... he just spent millions in an attempt to improve the team. :cool:

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I don't mean to be rude, but...

That's the dumbest logic ever.
    More like, I went to the store without any cash and came back with 3 eggs. (stupid comparison either way..)

LYKE I THYNK THIS D!D DESERVEZ ITZ OWN THREAD!!1!!one!

5. albuster

albuster Member

It is very disappointing that the Rockets are so close to contender status but Morey seems to be in tweaking mode instead of a dead serious acquisition of a major piece to the Rockets. Tinkering with the lineup like CD used to do is not gonna cut it. Mr. Morey, please be serious and find major pieces to add to the core so that they will have a chance to compete for all the marbles. Getting minor players just for the sake of it is just useless and counter productive.

Unless Mr. Morey gets a major player all his moves are bs at this point.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was a waste of money, IMO.

DD

7. htown21

htown21 Member

Ok, I hate Les too! :mad:

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

DD, calm down. Sure, it was a lot of money. But the Knicks paid $3M for the #29 pick and will have to pay that player a larger salary than the Rockets will be paying Taylor. Plus, based on their workouts and scouting, it is likely that the Rockets would have taken Taylor themselves had they had a very late first rounder anyway.

I'm just glad it only cost the Rockets one future second rounder and (a bunch of) cash to get three quality picks.

9. Strawman

Strawman Member

More like it.

10. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

Wow! After watching the first round of the draft I was getting restless, as if Morey couldn't pull off anything worth doing. Then he goes and gets 3 second rounders, and with his record in the draft any one of them could be a solid rotation player. What did the organization have to give up?

Some cash and a future second rounder. It's premature, but congrats on a solid draft.

Thanks Mr. Alexander for trusting Morey and keeping your wallet ready. With so many NBA teams looking to dump salary having some cheap talent will come in handy. Or play well for the Rockets at a low price for the organization. Time will tell.

In any case, thanks for making the draft interesting. If nothing else comes from it than some interest and conversation for the Rockets during the offseason it's still money well spent.

That's my take anyway. :cool:

11. Strawman

Strawman Member

I'm grateful that Les Alexander is willing to spend money to make the team better, but I think his resources would be better spent on acquiring established and solid pieces to our roster to help us contend.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How do you know? No one knows how good this kid will be because we havent seen him play.

I'm sure you said the same thing the night we got Landry

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Nobody on this forum is a NBA scout, so stop hating on the picks. Nobody watched workouts to see these guys in action. Sit back and be happy we were able to get 3 players that look like they can put the ball in the basket various ways and help the team. You can never have enough good young talent in the fold. It allows you to make moves down the line and keep the cap number friendly. Every draft we always get the haters trying to knock the pick (cause its not a popular name they know about). I bet these same guys were upset about Brooks and Landry, now they all on they jocks like ants on candy. You hae no idea what other moves Morey has in mind. So sit back and be a fan.

14. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

ROFL so THAT is how Les got this money, LMAO.

15. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Dude there's still almost 300 days until next season's trading deadline, so just chill man

16. UND3RxOATH

UND3RxOATH Member

I'm so sick of DD's comments about picks. Who cares if you like it or, sure you are highly respected on this board but still chill out man, let it be.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

HAHAHHA dude chill out lol, it wasnt a waste of money... These guys will prove u wrong DADA! OWn up later on lol

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

les is the man!

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Maybe this will silence some of the degenerates who constantly assail Les for being cheap...

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thanks for the 6 million dollars Les! Youare the best owner Houston has every had.