1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Les Alexander] "Daryl has been the number one drafter in the NBA", hints tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

Budinger and Dalembert were both rotation players who have theoretically peaked. They were traded to give McHale the PT to develop young talents with much higher ceilings. If D-Mo comes over, then all the pro-tankers will be choking on their own vomits. There is no tanking in that guy. He will single-handedly will the Rockets out of any hope of tanking. Unless Morey unloads Parsons, D-Mo, and Leuer. There is no room in those personalities for half a quantum of tank.

2. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

Amen brother. Being a native Houstonian and having neven eaten a salad until I was 18 - I can attest that changing the diet to a vegetarian/vegan diet saved my life. At nearly 39 years old I can still ball against the high schoolers and college players and have more stamina and energy left over than these dudes that are pumped up on redbull and other "energy" drinks.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

After last night, I'm jealous of New Orleans.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, at least Les did not say the rockets would get both J. Howard and D. Williams, so Daryl has not been put too much pressure to get both by using our mediocre draft and players for both superstars. Just look at the result in the draft day, no team has traded the top 10 pick away, and the rockets want to get more than one (?) for Howard, what a effort!

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many owners out there are willing to spend it all? If you could get Cuban or the Russian Cuban to own the team then I'm all for it.

You always talk like the Rockets are owned by the worst owner ever and managed by the dumbest people you find on the street. You always get so caught up in your rhetoric you end up deluding yourself. Alexander isn't the best owner ever, but he isn't the worst. He doesn't hire his pals to manage his franchise (Dolan), he doesn't sell picks to make a quick buck (Sarver, Memphis owner), he doesn't let his children go amuck and wreck the team (Buss), most of all he doesn't sell the team so another owner could steal it and take it to another city (Seattle owner).

Lesocrity my ass, you haven't even SEEN a horrible owner. Come back to me when ALexander gives up Luol Deng for cash, or starts funneling Bulls money into the White Sox like that Bulls owner does.

1 person likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

A lot of people are jealous of New Orleans. But they weren't even the worst team in the L, so really NO is an example of how tanking doesn't pay off, while not tanking pays off.

7. toby

toby Member

can it really be called tanking, if you aren't any good?

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ok. Well now he needs to go after someone he can actually get. Someone like Rudy Gay, Gasol, Rondo, Garnett, Josh Smith, Igoudala. Daryl Morey is missing his big star still. Now Lamb or Royce White may become one but right now? No star. Kevin Martin is not even a semi star anymore. Scola is declining a tiny bit.

9. raining threes

Les,

You suck

It's been almost 20 yrs since the Rockets have had a championship level team.

Go count your $$$$ and shut up. Nobody wants to hear your crap anymore.

10. raining threes

whoops didn't mean to quote you sir.

11. Illegal Machine

TANK. FOR. NERLENS!

C'MON LES!!

12. dmoneybangbang

Not necessarily. One man's trash is another man's treasure sort of thing.

Because it was the best option at the time.

This Rio Grande Valley nonsense is really overplayed.

Obviously you want to develop your talent but you don't hand out position to rookies. If there's no room at your position because someone out competed you then you go down to the Valley. That way you can at least play and work on your game instead of sitting on the bench. And guess what, if your next in the dept chart for your position through your work improving game then you are just an injury away from being given NBA minutes. Sorry minutes must be earned.

13. Grigori

Grigori Member

I wouldn't jump the gun on that just yet.

They got almost as much All-Star talents as we did last night, but the difference is that their All-Star talents have lower bust rates. A lower bust rate is not the same as a zero bust rate. It may very well be that everybody will be jealous of us by the end of the season and NO will be the laughing stock of the league.

14. Eps

Eps Member

guess it's better to be pissed on than to be pissed off huh les?
    /thread

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I don't care about what other ****ty owners do, just the ****ty one that owns the Rockets.

DD

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

What I'm saying is when you compare him to the other owners, Alexander isn't that bad, in fact I'd probably put him in the top 5. Saying "you don't care what the other owners do, all I know is Alexander sucks" really doesn't make sense because compared to the other owners he's practically an angel.

You're just holding him to a standard that nobody except Billionaires meet, if you feel that what Alexander is doing is still inadequate when I'm telling you he's doing way more than the other owners, then feel free to buy the team yourself and run it right.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is obviously a genius. He put all this together so we could be so excited about the Rockets first playoff sweep next year. Wow. I am in awe of Moreys huge packages he has put together. So giant. I am astonished at the size. The other GMs just backed off because it was too much and decided they would be embarrassed to take it. The genius of drafting 12th finally!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

[​IMG]

All I hear is...whine whine whine. Non-stop.

Whine some more, you might get drunk.

1 person likes this.