1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leigh Bodden Release

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MadMax, Oct 28, 2011.

1. updawg

updawg Member

Lol. Forever the defender

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is this a poorly written sentence indicating he has allowed 12 receptions, with one going for a TD or has he allowed 12 TD receptions?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

After watching that stupid little "Football Life" thing they did on Belicheat I'm almost certain that he has an insane God complex, he's been butchering his defense for the past 3 seasons.

Big part of the reason the Patsies turn into cranberry pudding in the postseason lately.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If someone, by virtue of a worse record, claims him before the Texans have an opportunity to - that's just a matter of fact and not much they can do, negating the endless "ARGHHHHHHH!LL!K!J@J!@J!KL@" posts that would surely follow. I don't see how that's a "defense" of the Texans. It's a procedural issue.

If he's freely available, I don't have any issue with them kicking the tires.

5. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Any player cut after the trade deadline is placed on the waiver wire regardless of number of years served.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

From new Twitter star @FakeJohnMcClain:

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Good to know. Can't wait to see how this shakes out. We must battlefight the waiver wire.

8. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

hahaha wow that's hilarious

9. conquistador#11

People that suggest T.O are insane. People that suggest picking up Bodden have just seen enough of Kareem Jackson. I want Bodden! I would take Darrell green at age 52 over Kareem. When we face the saints or packers in the superbowl, Bodden will come in handy. =)

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand how you can be given upgrades for your team and not explore them as options.

Oh yeah, it's the Texans after all. :confused:

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure Bodden is able to battlefight. Has anyone here addressed that obvious shortcoming? I mean, if we have not seen signs of battlefighting then why would we bring this trash in?

Alos, I am pretty sure Kareem is way better at tackling. Have you seen that guy when he is able to tackle somebody? Really good. You know, he was the most tackle-able rookie in the draft last year. He was ready to tackle players who were standing in front of him from day 1. I don't hink Bodden was ever able to tackle guys standing in front of him from day 1.

Also, did you know that Bodden was undrafted? That is way worse than being a 1st round pick like KJax or Allen. They were both FIRST ROUNDERS! Not stupid undrafted guys. They are always garbage.

1 person likes this.
  12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

It does make too much sense not to happen, but he does have a pretty significant cap number. 3.9 base this year that goes up each year to complete out a 4/22 million deal. They have to make sure they can do Foster's upcoming big contract while also probably tagging Mario.

Side note, reading through fakejohnmcclains old tweets is hilarious. Its pretty spot on John McClain

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Andre was targeted 22 times and only caught 12 passes, that would be pretty good work by the CB, no? But I don't know what quality of WR he was guarding.

If Belichick released him, I think there's a good reason for it. Remember when he dumped a worthless Moss on the Vikings.

I would bet he tried to trade him too, and no one was interested.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yup, almost a waste of time. Just go to the real John McClain's Twitter, same exact ****.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Unfortunately he was playing Nickel for them most of this year, so it's definitely nothing for him to be proud about.

I'm not sure about the trade thing, you'd think they would've released him right after the deadline instead of waiting 2 weeks. And when somebody is on the trading block, that information doesn't tend to stay private for very long. So I guess we'll see.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, if the average QB Bodden faced was Matt Schaub, then perhaps. But if you watch games around the NFL, QBs aren't that accurate in general. Also, the Patriots scheme incredibly well on defense. So generally corners get overrated there rather than underrated.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Do it. We are basically playing each game 11 vs 10 with Kareem Jackson starting. The guy is a piece of trash.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Caught 12 and defended 4 - so we know 16 were relatively on target; not sure he had anything to do with the other 6, which is why its a little bit of a misleading stat.

I know nothing about Leigh Bodden, other than the Texans wanted him last year and he currently plays for a God-awful pass defense. I have faith in Wade Phillips, though; if he doesn't think they need him, then they probably don't. He seems to know what he's talking about.

19. Major

Major Member

12 of 22 is a 54% completion percentage. That's worse than about 30 of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Schaub is exactly average in that stat, coming in at 16th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

That said, percentage is sort of irrelevant here - more important would be yards and situations. If he's letting people catch a 10 yd pass on 3rd and 9, that's very different than letting them catch a 10 yd pass on 3rd and 12.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and caveman lawyers never defend over procedural issues! :)

i'm just giving you a hard time.