1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leigh Bodden Release

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MadMax, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

"Most quotes on the internet are attributed to the wrong person." - Abraham Lincoln, c. 1863

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Leigh Bodden, such a heart breaker he is. I'd still love to have him.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

When your secondary is garbage, I guarantee he had words... Tony Dungy would have had words with that secondary.... Dont blame the coach

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't know why you are calling him trash...the guy is a quality CB.

6. MadMax

so you think Leigh Bodden is trash? you think we're better with Kareem Jackson or Jason Allen than Leigh Bodden?

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Honestly...........I dont see how it can be any different with Bodden than Jackson...... QB's still gonna throw away from Joseph...

Jason David was in a similar situation coming off a good season the prior year....He got cut... People wanted him here... Now they want him gone!!!
    That 2nd CB position will always be a revolving door as long as Joseph is playing top-notch ....

8. MadMax

ummm..here's how it can be different. when they look away from joseph, the CB on the other side actually has some instincts to play the position at the pro level and defend the pass. John Lennon asks you to Imagine that.

it's not impossible to have 2 good corners on a team, no matter what John McClain has told you.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He might get a long-term deal somewhere, I'm not sure if the Texans' would be ready to offer him multiple years and a lot of guaranteed money right at this moment. I guess we'll have to see what the market is... I wish the NFL had an injury exception like the NBA.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bodden has not been the same player since he signed that contract. He's being slightly overhyped here...and he was overhyped around these parts when he was a FA a couple years ago.

Yes, he is better than Kareem Jackson, but at his current level of play, we would still need to upgrade that position for next season. Now, if he can revert back to his pre free agency form, then thats another story.

As of right now, he's basically Kareem Jackson +.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sure he's quality ...But only because of how he performed in previous seasons... He's obviously not on that same level....It wouldnt hurt to take a look at him... But we say that too much around these parts... I would like a sure-fire starter to get cut ....Mainly because of salary cap problems rather than him sucking...

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why not bring him in? If only to put Kareem Jackson on notice?

DD

13. MadMax

this franchise is in "win now" mode. their coach's job is hanging in the balance. a guy comes available who is clearly an upgrade.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a guy I'd sign. Legit corner. Not amazing obviously, but better than Kareem and Allen.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Wow, really? So having one lock-down corner means you can throw anyone out there at CB2? Sign me up. I'll work for half the price of Kareem Jackson, and I even knocked down two passes Tuesday at flag football.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, he was basically placed on IR for the entire first year of his contract last year, so that might have created some bad blood between him and the coaching staff. I also know he's been dealing with a groin injury throughout the season, so maybe his health is a reason to cut him? I'm honestly just conjecturing because when he's been ON the field, his play has been stellar (ok, at least in relation to the rest of that secondary). If the price is right, I would love to have him here. Even if he's only healthy for half the games, that's still a massive upgrade over K-Fall/Allen.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If he could do that, he would still be in NE.... He may not be trash, but he definitely isnt a problem solver...

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, I....

Wait, what?

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Where did I say or imply such a thing?..

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This thread is a litmus test for stupid. If you fail, you should be banned from the Texans board forever.