1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legal Article: Royce White & Reasonable Accommodations Under the Americans w/ Disabilities Act

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The most interesting thing I read in that is .... If it is true ... That he saw a trip to RGV as punishment for his anxiety issues. How exactly does he explain machado, Jones, DMo and Morris last year. If that's the issue then what are they being punished for. It also means he's lost what little support I would have had for him.

2. alethios

alethios Member

Ok, thanks - I seem to recall that now. IIRC, we ended up not using that exception, so it wasn't a big deal then either, unless we could have picked up a serviceable center with that exception.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We used that exception to sign Trevor Ariza, actually. Then used a part of the midlevel exception on David Andersen.

4. AXG

AXG Member

As much as I dislike the Royce White situation, I think it would be unfair to grant the Rockets an extra pick. The Draft is an entire crapshoot anyways.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Great read.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If I was the GM of the worst team in Croatia I wouldn't even consider Royce White. Nothing is worth his amount of baggage.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Is Royce White too proud to take medications?

At this point I wish he would do that and start his career.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In fact, his baggage is so massive that it doesn't fit in his overhead compartment. That's why he drives.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So you didn't read this thread but find the time to post a GIF on this thread? This is such an immature post... If you don't like the thread and don't want to read it, don't bother clicking it. Otherwise, at least voice your opinion instead of posting this immature gif

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

calm down... nobody here can do worse than what Mr. Honesty Hashtag Transparency did

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Athletes and others abusing the ADA nothing new.

Remember Casey Martin insisting he was entitled to a golf cart in violation of PGA rules?

<iframe src="http://www.cato.org/longtail-iframe/node/14775/field_longtail_player/0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stern won't compensate us. If it was a glam team,yes.
    Good post,by the OP.

13. alethios

alethios Member

They eventually capitulated, but it was proven to not have improved his chances of winning. He still had to make the swings. In RW's case, it's more about how he doesn't want to play unless he's in the show.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Anyone in the know can tell us how much of Royce's salary the Rockets can legally take back? Maybe someone like Bima or durvasa knows.

In a typical job, if someone gets fired, they normally won't get any compensation past a few month's salary, correct? Can the Rockets just cut him and pay like 3 months salary after that?

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch, it was a late night early morning...4 kids.

16. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Getting another first round pick out of this situation as compensation for nullifying the contract sounds pretty awesome!

17. dragonz

dragonz Member

You know, the Israel League thing is a good idea, but how does he get over there in the first place? Taking the boat? lol

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We had three picks in the first round the last time the Rockets walked away from Draft day with a promising player with serious mental health issues too. Only on that day, the Rockets traded all three of those picks for that player. I guess it can be argued that at least Eddie Griffin played - but I think I'd rather our haul from this draft; a piece for the Harden deal and Terrence Jones.

The Griffin draft set us back for YEARS. I don't feel like Royce White not panning out is setting us back at all. How often do teams manage to draft three players in the first round that all end up as contributors? Lamb contributed to us getting Harden so I couldn't have hoped for more there and I expect big things from Terrence Jones in the future.

I'm happy with the draft.

1 person likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess but we are not strictly talking about him contributing.
    He is giving the organization that trusted in him a BAD NAME and this constant throwing the Rockets under the bus thing is UNHEALTHY.
    Period.