1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lefties: Unite!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Nov 1, 2007.

?

Which are you? (and no... this has nothing to do with politics.)

1. Leftie

45 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Rightie

90 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

MEN. MEN. You are absolutely right. I don't know what you women do. :(

I need to ask a couple friends this question. I am puzzled now.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

South..Paw

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Left:
    Bat
    Golf
    watch wearing

Right
    Write
    Tennis
    Throw

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

All women need to do to climax is to visualize commitment no visual stimilation needed.

A little off topic but funny this morning my girl said she had a sex dream about me, well not really me but the mean jcee and she said that the only difference was that I had 30 inch dong.....Needless to say I will bring up the mean jcee in casual conversations and in the form of inside jokes around her family.

5. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I'm a lefty.

I hate those GOTDAMN notebooks with the coils on the left side!!

6. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

7. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Turn the notebook upside down.....

Your welcome. :D

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

What about his welcome?

You're welcome.

Right handed... but don't underestimate the power of the left jab. ;)

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Sorry Swoly but Im a men, and I hold the reomte/magazine with my right hand
    and doing the dirty work with my left hand

I do almost everything with my left hand, the few things I do with my right hand is using the mouse, because in all of the desktop pcs I use (school, home,etc), the mouse is on the right

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread and I found this part pretty interesting.

I do most things right handed but I am somewhat ambidextrous and would probably be more so if I hadn't been told by my parents to use my right hand more as a kid. I play guitar and have a hard time playing piano or drums and find it almost impossible to keep a different rythm with either hand.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Absolutely. I'm so left handed, that the only thing I can do with the right is use scissors.

I've always wanted to play guitar, but, weirdly enough, my right hand never moved in sync well enough on the frets. However, I love playing the drums, and I've been told I've a natual talent at that.

As far as piano? I'm awestruck by people who can do it. For those of you who are unaware, I still, to this day, type with my left index finger. People who know how to normally have watched the way I type and are baffled.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It would also seem that peple born left handed would be a little more open to the idea that people could also be born with different sexual orientations.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

^ From the article it sounds like that depends on how left handed they are.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Dylsxeics: Untie!

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am right handed when writing but i play a lot of sports left handed so what does that make me? ambidextrous yes, but would I be considered left handed or right handed?

16. JeopardE

Bah. So now there's a scientific explanation for why I find it so difficult to comp with my left hand. :(

17. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Born a lefty, buy my parents read that it's a right handed world. So, they turned me into a righty. Seemed to make since growing up with all of the right handed desks and baseball gloves for right handers at school. I still frequently eat and drink left handed though. If I try to throw left handed, I throw like Lamar from revenge of the nerds. I blame my crappy handwriting on my parents for taking everything out of my left hand and sticking it in my right hand.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Rashmon beat you to it. :p

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

My mom teaches psychology and told me that forcing someone to use their opposite hand causes some developmental problem. I brought this up with my mom about making me use my right hand more when growing up but she said that she noticed that I did enough things naturally right handed that it probably was OK but for someone who was born strongly left handed I'm wondering how that would affect their life.

Its interesting that you mentioned being taught sports right handed. As a young child I played all sports totally right handed but in high school I started to use my left hand a lot more. I don't throw a baseball very well left handed but I throw a football equally well right as well as left and shoot lay ups and hook shots as well with my right or left hand. In fact when I play basketball I drive to the left far more often than to the right. Its good thing that I can do that as I've injured my right shoulder so that these days in sports I almost have to do most things left handed.

20. JeopardE

Bah humbug. :p