1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lee needs to start the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bud and Lee is like what Brooks and Lowry were last year. The tandem bring different things to the table and it's good to have both. (Hope Bud won't turn out like Brooks.)

2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

he can be 6th man of the year

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Interesting given that Bud started playing a lot better since he started. Lee plays great off the bench, and Bud contributes more when he starts. There's no issue here. I would definitely like to see Scola come off the bench or traded though.

4. PeppermintCandy

You might get your wish this offseason, if the Bulls' SG spot proves to be a weakness this postseason.

I think a trade of Lee and Brad Miller for Asik and filler is a possibility. I'd hate to lose Lee, though.

5. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Good post. Lee is on the small side for a shooting guard, much less a small forward. I still want a two-way small forward to replace Bud in the starting lineup, but Lee is NOT the answer.

6. houseofglass21

Why Budinger is starting over Lee is beyond me. Budinger is the softest player on the team and Lee has more self-confidence and athleticism

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Maybe Indiana is willing to swap Granger for Martin straight up. If thats the case Lee can start next to Granger.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm with Lee too. Budinger brings nothing to the table if he isn't scoring. And he's too timid with the ball in his hands, he doesn't attack enough for someone so skilled (neither does Lee actually), probably why Adelman likes him so much - he plays within the offense.

Lee can impact the game on both sides, with or without the ball, and is high percentage. The only reason you might consider starting Bud is because he seemed to have some inconsistency issues coming off the bench. Which is a weak reason. Lee is not only the superior player but extremely underrated and far more conducive to winning basketball than Budinger.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

That'd be awesome except I think they want to go younger if they trade Granger :/

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

First people complain that Rox is too small. And now they want rox to go even smaller?

Size does matter in a basketball game.

11. lild713

lild713 Member

I agree...

I agree if he didn't steal that..and quit...we woulda lost and seasons done fosure.

12. Rojogrande

Rojogrande Member

But See that is where you are wrong. You say Orlando and NJ never asked Lee to guard any of those big time SF. Actually both teams asked Lee to guard the opposing teams best wing player no matter if that was at the 1, 2, or 3 spots. We all know how bad the NJ team was as a whole last season. Part of that had to do with them not having a coach and only having decent players at 3 positions. Magic had Turkoglu who is a weak defender as well. During the ECF in Lee's rookie year. The Magic had Lee guard Lebron straight up one on one during the entire series. The focus was to shut down the rest of the Cavs and put their best defender on Lebron to slow him down as much as possible. It worked considering that the Magic won the series and went on to the Finals. Now Lebron got his most nights during that series. However Lee's quickness and ability to keep Lebron infront of him is something that no one else on that Magic team or this team could do.

BTW Lee is 6'5. My buddy is 6'7 and Lee was only a hair shorter then him. Plus his athleticism makes up for some of the height difference. But you guys are talking about him guarding SF's. Most SF in the league avg around being 6'7 or 6'8. That is only a 2-3 inch difference. 2-3 inches people!! It isnt like CLee is a 6'1" pg being asked to guard a 6'10" PF. 2-3 inches is a very marginal difference in height in that range. And with Lee's athleticism that isnt as much of an issue. I would say a biggger issue with players like Lebron and Melo is a weight difference if they were to post him up on the block. But if those players post Lee up that is why we need a shot blocker who can provide help defense on the block.

Adelman and SVG have both said in numerous interviews that Lee can guard any position 1-3. I will agree with most of you and say that CLee excels best at guarding bigger PG's and quick SG's. But just because that is where he excels best, doesnt mean he can't guard other types of players.

Most of you have only watched Lee this season. I have been watching him since his SR season in high school.

--Rojogrande

13. co-nan

co-nan Member

Actually, Lee's defense is a little bit overated, he does not defend Ginobli well in last few games against Spurs and even this game. He is more suitable to guard big PGs and defense really well.

14. worzel gummidge

Pity he didn't show up for the Heat and Philly games. I've been surprised by Lee's consistent play of late but those two games was a re-visit of the choker tag. Right now I'm liking Bud more as the guy to keep over Lee if the Rockets can upgrade at SF, ie get Granger.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would be ideal to start Lee with Martin and Chase with Williams. But we all know what happened to that plan.:rolleyes:

16. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

So what has Chuck Hayes been doing all his career? Does he defend guys who weigh 20-30 less then him?

Iggy shuts down bigger guys down on a regular basis. I am not saying Lee should always play SF but since Battier left there is no one more equipped than Lee, it would have made sense to keep a defensive presence at SF. Stick Lee back to SG once we can acquire a solid SF.

We dont have any other choice choice but to play a 6'5 guy at the 3. The only other chopice is Bud.

What I am saying is Bud is not starter material even on a non contending playoff team, let alone a playoff contending team. Name me a top 20 team where Bud could get 30 minutes like he is now, even if they were dedpleted with injuries? Forget top 10.

Clipers would rather start Moon than Bud, Nets would rather start Vujacic than Bud, Toronto - no chance, the Wizards - Even with Lewis and Howard injured he still wouldnt get to start, Cavs - maybe.

So why the hell do we start him? Not only that but give him 30 minutes a game?