1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lee Benson...An option at PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beyao, Dec 13, 2004.

1. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

It won't hurt to sign him to a 1 year deal w/ an option for a year or anything in that nature. Has it gotten this low? YES!!

Its not like Les isn't losing money already on Mo, Howard, LUe, Ward, Boki, anyone else I leave out..........so a little bit more won't hurt.....who know he might turn out to be good.

And whats up with Malik Baidaine.......haven't heard anything about him.....waste of another pick? or what?

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

one year? Hell, I'm sure the guy would KILL to play with us on 10 days for the rest of the season. Quite literally too.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

One things 4 sure. Amare ant gona be throwing it down on Yao anymore. Were gona have a cold hard killa on our team ;)

4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

yeh what happened to the "Bad Man" , wasnt he supposed to come over already?

5. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

hurt his shoulder

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Do you really think Les, CD and JVG will cut someone to allow this guy and his past on an already fragile/broken team? I would but I don't think they would.

Also, wouldn't he already be under contract for the Chinese team he is already playing on?

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

the man is nasty! lets do a 2 for one trade.. how about Ward and lue for some scrub! we can then pick up Benson. We will still have Sura, Barret, and Gaines to run the point. I would be comfertable with the team. Also, Benson can play 3 positions!

8. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

trade any combo of Lue, Gaines, Howard for Wes Person (+filler if nec)...then pick up Benson...immediately addressing two of our biggest problem areas...

9. clove

clove Contributing Member

You want toughness?

This man was stabbed in prison for hitting a game winning shot. He didn't dunk because it made others angry. He practiced shooting all the time so he didn't have to dunk.

We've got to give this man a shot. It can't possibly hurt.

10. SupermanSK

Does anyone know if Benson ever played against any NBA Players (in the states or in China)?

11. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

there are a decent number of fringe NBA players in China right now, like Alton Ford. None of them are anywhere near as impressive as Benson.

Someone in Houston should bring this guy to the attention of JVG during his radio show...

12. SupermanSK

When is the Radio Show....today?

13. rocket3forlife2

I think we should call the radio station and get a buzz going something need to be done,becuase it looks like the team has just given up on the fans this season.send cd some emails,call 610 ,newspapers or something iam very tired of watching so its worth a shot in the dark.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

BEYAO FOR GM

15. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

those asking about Badiane:

he did real well last year and was touted as an upcoming star this year in the german/euro A league. Played 4 games and tore his shoulder and went in for surgery about 2 weeks ago. Out for the season. Will look for fresh german news about his status. I would imagine he might be ready by next training camp.

16. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I sent one of these for EG --- didn't work out real well --- don't waste your time e-mailing CD.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think, like Badiane, this guy is being viewed as Amare Stoudemire II because of some hype and our desperate need at the position, but I don't think you can trust these numbers or know what kind of player he would be in the NBA based on them. They are intriguing though I must admit. Just thought I'd post this article from FIBA yesterday on Benson's play in China:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/news/l...ookietest=done&r_act_news=5000&r_cat=8&page=1

14/12/2004
    CHN - Benson unstoppable for Yunnan

YUNNAN (CBA) - US import Lee Benson was on fire for Yunnan in their round 13 victory over Xinjiang in the Chinese Basketball Association.

The 31-year-old, who with basketball has been able to rebuild his life after serving eight and a half years in prison for drug trafficking and a firearm offence, is burning the paint in China.

Yunnan beat Xinjiang 107-96 and Benson not only top-scored with an amazing 56 points but also was the top rebounder for the round with 21.

Wang Sheng had 19 points for the visitors.

With form like this, Benson, a 6ft 11in forward who played high school basketball powerhouse Washington Dunbar, could end up attracting the attention once again of the NBA.

After declaring for the 2002 NBA draft and missing out, he spent three weeks at the Washington Wizards summer camp before playing professionally in Greece.

Benson has always been a prolific performer. He averaged 35 points and 13.6 rebounds a game in the 2001-02 season at Brown Mackie Junior College.

18. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Hmmmm 30+ points and 20+ rebounds in the CBA eh? These stats sound verry familiar to me. We should definitely give CD the heads up on this one, cuz if the rockets dont get him, i am sure some other nba team will.