1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lee Benson...An option at PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beyao, Dec 13, 2004.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

who cares! he can rebound!

plus i hear jail ball is very physical, and that is the kind of play we are lacking. makes perfect sence to me.

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

I'd sign him. I'd waive Lue or Boki to make room for him if need be. It's not like Lue or Boki are seeing playing time again this season.

It can't hurt to have an ex-con dealing out punishment to guys like Amare and Dirk. The guy might make Charle Oakley look like a softie.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

i think the reason he had 3 straight 50+ points is because everyone's afraid to guard him. if he even gets breathed on, the opponent would prbly get shot :p

kidding aside, yea we need an enforcer ..go for it! what do we have to lose?

4. craziaries

craziaries Member

I'd cheer for him in a second!

5. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Wow, get it done CD!

6. Panda

Panda Member

He's served his time and learned his mistakes. He deserves a chance. Last time we let a troubled teenager go that cost three picks and now we watch him play for someone else. Benson is in about the same situation. Talented power forward that rebounds and shoots threes, got into legal trouble and now is waiting to prove himself. The difference is he's matured in jail. You can tell by the things he said. This guy sounds like basketball god's compensation for the Rockets Eddie Griffin experiment. He's putting up nearly Yao's old numbers in the CBA. He's 28 years old but clearly a late bloomer due to 8 years in jail. Lue is replaced by Barret and his contract ends this year. It's not like he's valuable short term or long term. Sign Benson to nearly nothing at a redundant spot to fill the need at the most bleeding position makes sense to me. The Rockets have to take the scavenger approach to amass talent given their very limited resource. Take options that cost as little as possible but has the potential to be an NBA player. They did it with Barret. Now please do it with Benson.

7. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

He sounds like another EG only with better aim......

on his 3 pointers. :D

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

It has to be all about money at this point, there are several players we could pick up at PF if we can just eat the money.
    Put any of our current PF on IR and go get someone else and give them a try. Wouldn't hurt, so it must be the money????

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sign Benson to nearly nothing at a redundant spot to fill the need at the most bleeding position makes sense to me. The Rockets have to take the scavenger approach to amass talent given their very limited resource. Take options that cost as little as possible but has the potential to be an NBA player. They did it with Barret. Now please do it with Benson.

I agree.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

We have 15 guys under contract - we would have to trade away someone for a draft pick or cut someone outright

11. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

cut them, if you can eat the money, Padgett maybe???

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I think if we had to, we would trade Lue or Boki (expiring contracts) for second round draft picks -

...we are not buying out Ward, Mo T or Howard

...Gaines is getting some time for his defense

...Padge it JVG's main energy guy

13. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

All I want for XMAS: Lee Benson in a Rox UNIFORM.

14. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

what are the realistic chances that we have of actually signing an ex-con in china?

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Bring in Benson!

We should start a petition and send it over to JVG/Les/CD!

16. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Looks like exactly what we need. He is a good rebounder, decent scorer and I bet tough. Plus, I bet he would come in hungry to prove himself and wouldnt cost us much of anything. Bring him in, it couldnt hurt.

17. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

He kinda looks like KG in this pic

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. Three pages about signing a guy who spent 8 years in prison and is playing in China. Do you guys realize exactly how much the Rockets suck right now for this to even be possible?

p.s. I'd sign him. :(

20. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

Hehe.

Something the story.

He played in the prison. But he was forced to practice jumper a lot because he was afraid of provoking other killers:) by dunking the ball. And he is now really good at jumper even 3 pts. He was not drafted because his history and old age. Some coaches said he still have to learn more about the game. He needs more game expeirence.