1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron's ride is legit...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, Jan 27, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0127/1499490.html

One word...DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Gawd freakin' damn...Would anybody be THAT stupid to drive around in a pimped out hummer given to them by a booster?! You think that he MIGHT pick something a little more inconspicuous if he were going to accept a gift?? It's not like he needs anything from a booster anyways...that kind of stuff is reserved for those chumps that have to go to college...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Shoot, if I was going NBA I'd chump the boosters for everything they had and then give it to those that really need it.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

4. drapg

drapg Member

Hmm... the old woman waited three days to report the accident. You don't think someone got in her ear and told her the teenager she got into an accident with was soon to be a multimillionaire, huh?

"Oh, my neck, it suddenly hurts!"

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It was still irresponsible on Lebron's part to not even give her his phone number after the accident...

Also, Lebron's mom sounds like a total b****...The reports of how she acts during the game, and now here putting blame on the old lady when it sounds like her son was the one that took off without giving his info...Then, she doesn't even give her phone number...C'mon, Gloria, it's not THAT hard to get your phone number, no matter how popular you think your son is...

Hopefully, Lebron will buy her a house and keep her yap shut so we don't have to hear from her when he's a pro...

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Seems stranger that 3 days after the accident Lebron never called her to check on the damage.

"It never happened, if I never see her again"

7. drapg

drapg Member

Isn't this what insurance is for anyways?

You exchange insurance policy info and don't have to ever talk to the other party again.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually she waited 3 days to file an accident report. If you read the article it says her Brother called police and they came to the scene around 6 p.m. I think the difference(I am not an expert so correct me if I am wrong) is that she reported the accident immediately but declined to file any type of charges or ask the police to investigate the situation (which is what filing an accident report is). She retains the right to file a claim against his insurance but the insurance co. is in charge of investigating who was at fault,extent of the damage etc. IF an accident report is filed they look at what the police determine to have happened and normally go by that. I assume she declined on the Friday because she expected him to contact her and get things taken care of. When she was unable to get any response she decided to file an accident report and that will allow her insurance company to pursue a claim with his insurance.

The moral of the story: Always get the persons information. And contact your insurance company and their insurance company ASAP. Also if it is on a public roadway and you feel it is the other party's fault, file an accident report and get confirmation from the police. If you don't it could turn into an ugly mess of who the insurance companies believe.