1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron's legacy is tarnished after this year.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 14, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who wins with JR shooting as your 2nd best option .....

2. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Exactly. Saying anything but that from this performance is absurd. I might have gained more respect for him now than the times he won it.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah, but Hakeem didn't lose 4!

Nobody expected James to win this year, GSW were more than odds on favourites.
    The only 'tarnishing' is that James has played in the East on teams with 2 other all stars most of his career. Not too hard to be rested and ready for an easy roll to the finals. Harder to win the finals against the 'real mens teams' though.

Having said that, he is a fantastic player, and deserves whatever accolades get thrown his way.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody who judges legacies primarily off of RINGZZZ is pretty clueless. Lebron will go down as one of the 5 best to ever play. That's hardly even debatable at this point.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're tarnished for starting this dog**** thread

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

This post is ridiculous. Take Lebron out of this current Cavs side he is carrying and they are a high pick lottery team.

7. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

[​IMG]

They let idiots on the internet. That is all.

1 person likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True yet the era where one superstar can dictate a game's result is way over.

Cavs have a 12th place team without Lebron.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

The fact that lebron has carried his team this far puts him up there with the all time greats in my book even if he loses in the finals this year.

Lebron's Cavs are giving a fully stacked and healthy Warriors team a hell of a fight despite the fact that they're missing 2 All-Stars in Love and Irving and their starting center in Varejao solely because Lebron has completely put the team on his back.

I was a HUGE Lebron hater after "The Decision" but man, greatness speaks for itself.

10. adobo

adobo Member

I agree....people are so extreme one to the other.

Lebron is one of the greats (unquestionable)....his resume does NOT also suggest his the GOAT.

Why can't we just accept his up there with with the greats but not go overboard and say he is the greatest to have ever held a ball?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot really say he is the Goat I agree because of other eras and other rules.

What you can say is he has all the tools to be the greatest ever.

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

There is no doubt LeBron James will be remembered as one of the all time greats. Top 5 even.

But he is also the beneficiary of a center less league. Not many so called "centers" are good at defending the paint even.

He wouldn't have been so great in Jordan's era. After so many years, he still doesn't have an elite mid and long range game. As scoring in the paint, I don't think he would have been this good when he met centers like Dreams and Deke, etc.

13. adobo

adobo Member

Nothing to do with eras and other rules....judging by his regular/post season domination. His in my top 5 (modern era), arguably 2nd if he wins this current series.

14. adobo

adobo Member

Completely agree. I think he would have been still a superstar..but his advantage of size and speed from perimeter benefits him greatly in todays NBA.

But I think he would have still adapted...perhaps developed a better post up game...but then his perimeter skills may not be as developed...don't know..too many speculation

15. Mr. Space City

Here we go lol

16. Major

Major Member

Or maybe he'd have developed his game in a different way if defenses played him differently.

17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lebron is right up there with the all time greats even if they lost this series.

You took out Lebron and inserted anyone from the all time greats list into their lineup, they wouldn't have gotten this far.

18. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I know it's different sport but by your logic John Elway is a failure? Lebron has been taking in the Warriors, one the best and complete teams in recent memory basically by himself. All the other guys you listed (MJ,shaq,Kobe,bird,magic) were also playing with hall of farmers while Lebron's 2nd and 3rd options aren't playing. I used to give Lebron a lot of crap but I really don't see a loss in this series as any sort of tarnish to his legacy

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think Kobe and Jordan would match up better against the type of defense Warriors are playing right now. But I agree I don't think they would win this series either.
    One on one on the perimeter against Kobe usually means death. Same with Jordan. LeBron doesn't have that elite of a three point or midrange game so his "one on one" dominance would be in the paint... where all the help defenders are able to swarm in on and even with that he's averaging insane numbers.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow...just wow. Exactly who has kobe been playing with for his finals appearances? Kobe cant do **** on his own.