1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron Winning a Tainted Ring?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Qball, May 27, 2011.

?

If Lebron didn't recuit Bosh and it was only him and Wade in Miami, would you be more

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. No

80 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I would cheer for him regardless of how many additional superstars

28 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

The issue with Lebron that irks me the most is that he premeditated getting superstars together to win a championship. I understand the need for a 1-2 punch to be successful but 3 legitimate "first" options on one team is too much imo. So I hate that the so called The Chosen One needs 2 other superstars to get himself a ring.

My question: If Lebron didn't recuit Bosh and it was only him and Wade in Miami, would you be more inclined to cheer for him?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's not even a tainted ring. I'd rather win a ring that some people called tainted than to stay in Cleveland and not win a ring at all.

As for your question if they didn't sign Bosh they could have added more depth to their team.

3. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

It's not easy winning a ring, no matter which way you put it.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Chris Bosh is not a legitimate first option, at least not for a good team. He's also not a superstar.

5. Qball

Averaging 23 pts and 10 reb a game for past 5 years before he got to Miami. He was as much of a first option as Amare Stoudamire.

6. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

haters gonna hate

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

then they would have complained about him not winning in Cleveland ... If the Decision came this summer instead, and knowing Rose's rise to superstardom, those same people who said "If he chose Chicago, that would have been cool" , would still say he needed someone else........ It truly was a no-win situation for Lebron ....But he chose the best out of the no-win situation.....Kudos to him

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

I thought the consensus around here was that Bosh sucks, he's soft, and that he cries after losses. Why, all of the sudden, is he the reason that Lebron is winning?

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was doing so on a very bad team, and didn't play defense. Bosh was never going to be the best player on a title winning team.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Wade and Bosh's ring will be tainted...

from being carried by Lebron.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Just as tainted as those rings won in the 80's or the 90's by Jordan/Pippen/Rodman.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Was our championships tainted NO. Will LeBron's be tainted NO. So many things could've gone wrong in Miami but they made it work. Give them credit. But they still have to get through Dallas.

13. Qball

Needing someone else is fine. That's the point of the thread. If he teamed up with Rose or Stoudamire or Howard or CP3, I don't think that many people would be upset at his quest for a ring.

This ain't about him leaving cleveland. Leaving cleveland was perfectly fine.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Real talk

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I hate the Heat but I won't go as far as saying tainted. Words like manfactured and cheapend are a better fit IMO.

If they didn't have Bosh I would respect the rings a little more. Having three players that might need to be doubled on any given night is a huge deal.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

well to answer the question...I dont think anything would have changed in people's eyes because he left Cleveland to do it...An even better question would be what if they both came to Cleveland,and it was Lebron's doing(Kobe), would people still hate to give him his due??

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Exactly, it's so rigged, and it's not even good basketball. Heat doesn't even play hard, they just cruise control for some time when they are bored, and they just win when they want to.

When you stack 2 superstars and a top 5 power forward, it doesn't take as much heart or good basketball to win it all.

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Will his ring be tainted? No. I agree with cheapened, though.

Personality: *******. Talent: Awesome.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

Why did Dream need Barkley and Clyde to beat the supersonics in the mid 90's? Tainted?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is stupid. What about Boston and their big 3?

Here's a question though: How good would the Miami Heat be WITHOUT LeBron James?

My guess is they would be good, but nowhere close to a championship team. They would have been crushed by Boston or Chicago.