1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron willing to talk to GSW if they create MAX Cap space

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NateNate, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Meanwhile, ESPN laughed its way to 22.4 million clicks and filled the airwaves with 36 hours of discussing the rumor.

BHannes2BHonest, Deuce, amaru and 4 others like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What if the Rockets somehow magically beat the Warriors and win a championship.

Would Lebron actually go there like KD since they aren’t the champions?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Filed under "player willing to talk to team that has max cap space"....also filed under "Duh" and "I can't believe people actually read my articles".

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen A. just said LeBron will "have a conversation" with the Warriors this summer.

(Jalen's suggestion he could, down the road, join the Knicks) The Knicks don't belong as part of this conversation. James Dolan is the chairman. I won't go any further because I don't want to get Max started on James Dolan.

Having said all of that, I'm going to give you the information I have gathered. KD is not going anywhere, at least for the immediate future. He has assured the Golden State Warriors he wants to stay, that he wants to be there. They are not anticipating that he'll want to leave. If he were to leave, they'd consider it an incredible reversal from what they've been hearing from him. However, I do want to let everyone know - there's no reason to react or boo or anything like that because it's not going to happen but LeBron James will have a conversation with the Warriors this summer. That is one team he will have a conversation with. That's right, I said it. I'm not finished. LeBron will have a conversation because the belief is LeBron, KD, Steph. Right now if you're the Warriors, you want to keep your core four intact but LeBron is the best player in the world. If you're Golden State, you'll go after stuff. There's no way they can have them all on the same team. You're talking about KD staying, you already signed Steph. Those two are believed to be intact. You're trying to renegotiate with Klay but his dad said not right now. Draymond has 2 years left. He's an asset you want to keep in the event you don't get LeBron but if you can & you have to sacrifice, you can't keep everyone & chances are you're willing to lose two. You have a situation where Klay & Draymond could be gone because LeBron has arrived. I don't see it happening. I don't believe it will happen. If it does, I'll go the hell off but if you're talking about the business of the Warriors & free agency this summer, I'm giving you a heads up on the conversations you'll be reading about on July 1st.

#205 J.R., Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

As a businessperson (athletes), it is the proper thing to take every phone call or meeting that can get you more money.

7. hakeemthagreat

Lebron fan: "So what Lebron is interested in Golden State, Kobe needed Shaq!!!!"

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The GSW would be stupid to break up their current core in order to acquire Lebron.

That's the entire reason why they're so formidable. Plus KD will not like to live under Lebron AND Steph Curry's shadows.

I could see negative vibes coming out of that trio almost immediately.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

People said this about them adding Durant. OMG THEY'LL LOSE DEPTH!!!!

If Lebron is really willing to go to Golden State the Wariors should absolutely be willing to trade Klay and Iggy for Lebron.

If it happens, just shut the league down. Who will care anymore?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Who cares now? A few people in the Bay Area, and a few people in Cleveland?

11. justtxyank

Well ratings were crazy for our series with Golden State.

I do agree that the league is already tarnished, but this would just be insane.

It was bad enough when prime Larry Bird went and joined Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller, Sean Elliot and John Stockton on the super team, but now Michael Jordan is going to join them? I mean just shut it down.

Let's just redo the NBA where he do a traveling all-star exhibition and leave it to the people who want to watch And 1 or Globetrotter stuff go watch the best players play 3 game series in each major city. That's what the NBA should become. Take the 60 best players, pick four captains and have them do a snake draft where they pick their teams and compete in a playoff format. They can just play all of the games in LA if they want to.

I swear to God. If Lebron even has an official meeting with the Warriors I'll think so much less of him.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They'd have to replace Iggy with Draymond on that deal. I would rather let Lebron walk and have them maneuver their asses off to deal both away (anyway) in order to acquire a newly signed Lebron.

Basically you'll have Lebron, Steph, KD and scrubs with a declining/injury prone Iggy as a supporting cast.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am happy morey doesnt think like you

14. justtxyank

Wait wait...

People here think Cleveland would trade Lebron to us for Gordon and Ryno but they wouldn't trade him for Klay and Iggy? Please.

If Lebron wants to go to Golden State that could make a deal much more easily than we can. Cleveland would love to get Klay, and even if they don't want Iggy he'd be easier to spin off to a third team than Ryno BY FAR.

Then all of the same scenarios we kick around here are in play for them. Would Reddick go play there for the MLE? Tyreke? Tolliver? etc.

I didn't think it was worth thinking about because I just assumed Lebron had more competitive fire to him than this.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope Lebron doesn't go to warriors. Why would he do that?

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I'm not 'those people'.

Klay is viewed at as a centerpiece type player atm. Even if we believe he's not on this board, that doesn't matter. ESPN would gush over him having the reigns to his own team because they view him as a franchise type player.

Ego on the other hand, we know what we have from him. A good complimentary piece but not someone that can shoulder a load, even working through an injury-free season.

Ryno is a terrible contract and his value has gone practicially to the basement especially after not doing much of anything in the playoffs.

Iggy at least has defense to hang his hat on with that bloated contract even before any injuries occur.

All that being said, I don't see how you don't ask for premium players to sell off Lebron. Especially if you are the GSW and so far gone in terms of luxury tax apron goes (+85,000,000 currently).

I'm in your boat though, if this even becomes an idea in Lebron's head I'm done with the NBA, besides Rockets games that I attend and highlights that I catch here and there... they can all go f*** themselves if this even has an inkling of going down.

#216 FLASH21, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    da_juice and justtxyank like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is pretty clearly a lame headgame to salvage a gentleman's sweep out of the current series that nobody is paying attention to.

*not holding on to my butts*

Mazulis likes this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lebron is to insecure about his legacy to do some **** like that

19. Major

Major Member

I never get the logic when people say this and also say the Rockets had a chance (or were favored!) if Paul wasn't hurt or bad refereeing or whatever.

Either GS is so much better than the rest of the league that Durant broke the league and it's no fun/etc OR the Rockets were right there with them and had a legit chance to dethrone them. But it can't be both.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Relax and quit being so logical. You are correct but this is sports and I'm a salty fan not watching "the finals" for the first time in like 40 years.