1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron willing to talk to GSW if they create MAX Cap space

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NateNate, Feb 1, 2018.

1. ch44

ch44 Member

I think the Cavs might try to get Kemba in an effort to turn things around and convince LeBron to stay. Would be interesting.

BHannes2BHonest and Erbnwarfare like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Uh, it might be easy to forget now BUT --- Lebron's "the Decision" ESPN Special was not taken lightly. People generally jeered him until he went back to Cleveland. The whole "not 1, not 2, not 3...." hype party was just a cherry on top. He was the biggest villain in the NBA for a couple of years.

I dislike a great many things about Kobe, perhaps the greatest chucker of all-time (in a good and bad way), the king of smug-face -- but he was loyal to his franchise and one of the last NBA players that would've pushed a guy down in a brawl instead of just yelling "hold me back", and trying to ask him out for coffee after the game.

KD --- he decided to one-up Lebron. He didn't host an ESPN special to hose the team that drafted him; he called the guys who paddled his butt out of the playoffs and begged to join in. Then he got exposed for arguing about himself under multiple accounts on Twitter. Softness era confirmed.

csc177 likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Would be great to see 5 stars play on the same team. It would also make the NBA more competitive.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

This reads like a Warriors sympathizer that is shaking in their boots at the thought of LeBron Chris James crushing their Klayish, Curried dreams. It's downright kafkaesque.

5. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

I don't Kemba will be enough to keep LeBron around.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

The fake twitter account may be the one thing that solidifies Durant reputation as a true Clown. You can’t come back from that one.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  7. jlwee

jlwee Member

Did Draymond Green respond to this? I want to know Draymond's response.

To me, is not possible. Everywhere Lebron went, he became the leader and wanted to be the leader. For the warriors, there is no clear leader on the floor and i think the leader is the coach which make them successful because that's how a TEAM should function.

That's the same reason i don't think Lebron will come to Rockets. Lebron wants to be the leader, how will Harden feel and sit? CP will probably defer to Lebron because they are closed friends. But definitely not Harden.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm posting after only reading 2 pages, but how is this at 10 pages? are people actually taking this seriously?

while wanting lebron to join does sound like a weak thing KD would want, i don't see it happening at all.

and if it did, i think it'd just be lebron trolling everyone. i think he thinks the KD + 73 team-up was the thing that ruined his legacy years. maybe he had a shot at 4 or 5 rings. now he knows he's stuck at 3 because of this travesty adam silver allowed. what better way to get back than taking whatever 5% legitimacy is left for KD and steph and their titles. lebron gets back in the spotlight, he brings up what a sham this warriors team already is, and completely ruins the league KD has already ruined for him. i say do it.

9. hakeemthagreat

Or the APPEARANCE of a leader. You can argue Wade was the leader in Miami, being the only one with championship experience prior. Plus if Lebron was such a leader the Cavs would still have Kyrie. That leader stuff gets misapplied with Lebron

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Feel like he's only going to see if Durant will show up in a FA agency meeting, pick the brains of the Warriors collective.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah ok GreatOne1978

Nice second account Kobe stan.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Lebron joining a team without Draymond and Klay makes them marginally better (obviously still scary); but what really scares me is if they do an S&T with Lebron opting in and send out Klay, Iggy, and some young players. Lebron Durant, Lebron Curry is a lethal combo obviously. But it's the Dryamond-Lebron duo that scares me the most; that's unstoppable. Now throw in Durant at SF and the best three point shooter at point guard? You can't beat that period. Jordan couldn't beat that, The 86 Celtics couldn't beat that. That's just too ****ing much, If he signs with GSW (and given his propensity to be super pro player and pro free agency and pro super team) than the NBA will be done as a serious league. Fans will be 13 year old fanboys and familys in California going to games- but hey as long as it sells cable subscriptions and jerseys right?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. rockets13champs

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Is this still a thing??? People were saying the EXACT same thing before this season when CP3 decided to come here. "There's only one ball......both are ball dominant......who defers to who?" We see EXACTLY how well that has played out....it's happening right in front of us as we speak. When guys get together who WANT to play together, they will make it work. LeBron isn't coming here to be the alpha dog.....nor did CP3. Harden isn't caught up in making sure he takes the last shot. These guys operate at a different level.

YOLO likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

agree. it comes down to who you're actually bringing in that determines whether or not the situation works. cp3 and harden work bc they both are determined and conscious in making it work. they put in the time.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

After Lebron most likely gets put in place this year by the Celtics/Raptors;Warriors/Rockets in the playoffs. He will then be 15 months older next playoffs. He will be a leader if he were to come to the Rockets. He wants to win the bad, and it's pretty damn obvious Paul wants to finally win. Harden wants to kill the Warriors (odds are they will come up short this year unfortunately) Lebron though KNOWS he needs a player like Harden.

What other player right in the middle of his prime is someone Lebron would play with? The 76'ers are too young. Anthony Davis perhaps, but their team is too weak. If Lebron wants to have a legit chance to beat the Warriors he needs Paul/Capela/Harden (if that's possible) or something that is comparable to that. He has maybe 3-4 years left at being a top 1 (top 1 or 2ish because of the Warriors epic team) capable of winning a championship. If he were to come to the Rockets I envision him becoming a Kareem type player on the Lakers and extending his career because he would not have to push himself as hard in the regular season, pick his spots and save his legs for the playoffs.

Those are my thoughts on how perhaps his thought process is going.

Fyreball likes this.