1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron wants Luke Walton out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ashleyem, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lakers still have a shot, i agree.

As for other teams, my guess is to keep an eye on the Knicks, to me there's no way they didn't call Demps to let him know they might be interested in Davis this summer if other pieces they want will sign with them.

A mix of top lottery pick, Dallas future pick, Knox, Robinson, Dennis Smith, Ntilikina...i actually think i like this guys more than Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma etc, and the picks are much better than what the Lakers (and also the Celtics btw) can offer...but regardless of my taste, they can objectively offer a very good package.

Now i don't know if the Knicks can make this happen in terms of salaries/cap space but, if they can resign DeAndre (i guess there's a reason if they decided to keep him) to a 10/15M per year contract, sign Irving and Durant, and then trade for Davis with the Thomas unguaranteed contract plus a mix of those young guys they have well, that would be kinda shocking.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron’s GM moves led to 3 titles. Miami happened because he and his buddies took the short extensions to hit FA at the same time (well Melo took the $$), and they chose Miami. The Cavs won because he decided to come home and wanted Love. Flame him all you want for the botched moves this year but you can’t say his “GM meddling” hasn’t ended well. It helped them win 3 titles. We haven’t been to one Finals with our great GM.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Easy to make GM moves when you are the best player in the NBA. If Daryl Morey was as good as Michael Jordan, I'm sure he'd be able to craft rings around himself. :D

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Morey had the MVP last year. We were a cp3 backup/insurance away from a chip

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Don’t remind me :(

napalm06 likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Coach killer meets overrated Golden State halo effect coach. Shocking that this would happen.

7. Icehouse

I don’t think it’s easy. The biggest hurdle is recognizing your power and making the moves to take advantage of it. Plenty of greats have been held hostage by their management. Granted, all of them didn’t have flexible rules that LeBron has benefited from.

8. Icehouse

Likely not. Prior to getting LeBron, they hadn’t won 50 games since they won the title in 06. Bosh isn’t going there if LeBron doesn’t and Wade likely goes to play wherever LeBron chose (they timed their contracts to expire at the same time for a reason).

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

They would be there if Lebron went down because they would already be signed. If Lebron’s team mates were different isn’t the topic of conversation. It’s how good were the team mates he actually had.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add Michael Jordan to the Rockets right now.

11. Icehouse

His teammates have been great everytime his son, which has been standard for 90% of the guys that have won.

If he went down in his 1st two years they likely get 50. Wade started to decline physically by year 3, and based on his prior injury history arguably would have declined sooner if he would’ve had to be a top option.

12. Icehouse

Jordan had to retire (the 2nd time) because his GM skills didn’t work on the Bulls.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marc Stein:

The Clippers’ Doc Rivers isn’t the only championship (and currently employed) coach said to interest the Los Angeles Lakers.

I’m told that the Lakers, who are widely expected to dismiss the beleaguered Luke Walton at season’s end, are also big fans of Dallas’ Rick Carlisle.
    It appears, though, that the Lakers will have a shot at neither this off-season.

After Peter Vecsey, the former New York Post and NBC Sports mainstay, detailed in a recent article the Lakers’ fondness for the coach across the hall at Staples Center, Rivers announced last week that he and Steve Ballmer, the Clippers’ owner, had already agreed to a previously undisclosed multiyear contract extension.

As for Carlisle: I reported here last week that his contract was quietly revised before the season to provide an undisclosed salary increase and a one-year extension through the 2022-23 season.

Who, then, will the Lakers hire? The name most frequently cited in league coaching circles is the very available Tyronn Lue.

Lue, of course, is a former Laker who is better known for having coached LeBron James for 2 1/2 seasons in Cleveland.

The presumed acceptance he would have from James, who is about to begin his first postseason as a spectator since 2005, would appear to give Lue with a significant advantage over the rest of the field.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Just name Lebron the coach, get him some shooters, and call it a day.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

In regards to Bosh's retirement, "I don't win my championships in Miami without you.". I love lebron as a player, but woww is he arrogant. "My championships"? Could have said we dont win those Miami championships without you" Its becoming more apparent that Lebron treats his teammates as if they work for him and not with him.

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Is he overrated?

First, he got the Laker's job...when the Lakers weren't that good.
    Second...his record with the Warriors is better than Kerr's....is Kerr overrated?

I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...but I don't know that there is any evidence he's the problem either.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Is he overrated?

First, he got the Laker's job...when the Lakers weren't that good. ie, it wasn't the most desired job out there.
    Second...his record with the Warriors is better than Kerr's....is Kerr overrated?

I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...but I don't know that there is any evidence he's the problem either.

19. astros123

astros123 Member

hes always been like this lol

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I figured he'd treat Bosh and Wade differently, since they actually did help him get two rings vs. just piggybacking.