1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron w/ Reebok?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tonaaayyyy, May 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

anyone heard of this ??? 75 mill?

link please link!!

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dan Patrick on 610AM said that the bidding is at $75mill right now, but could reach to $150mill when all is said and done.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thats a slap in the face for others that are with Reebok, especially Francis. I think Reebok has a great roster with Baron, Kenyon, Rose, and Francis. Even yesterday, on IGN, they were talking about NBA Live and mentioned players, and they mentioned Franchise with McGrady and Kobe. I was surprised they even put his name with those 2. I just wonder how big Francis is outside of Houston.

5. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

LeBron better puts up 25pts and 12 rebounds every game

6. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I can't believe this **** interests people. I really hope this kid busts.

7. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

this is what you call commercial injustice. franchise and all those other players like j-rich and k-mart made reebok have a good profit. and know coz lebron is known world-wide, they gave him that kind of deal.. they even not saw him play on the NBA. this kid needs to learn to go back to the soil...

8. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

i'll take nike's quality over reebok anyday, much better products in my opinion , and when I think about the best for some reason all seems like nike :-D

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I dont think anyone should blame Lebron in all of this. Whats the kid suppose to do? Refuse the $150,000,000?!?!

10. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Not very big. Not as big as Lebron.

And there is nothing to be pissed at this fact.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Real mature.

What did LeBron ever do to you?

12. Parlett316

I just don't see the big deal about what shoe he wears and I really don't care what type of money they throw at him.

This is being reported with the current hype it's getting because 24 hour sports news needs something to report about.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Blame the media, not LeBron.

I just don't like it when people seem to "hate" things that aren't the root of whatever problem it is that annoys someone.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Just my opinion,

After reading various things and watching opinions on TV like Around the Horn...

I'd buy LeBron's shoe if it was good and not too pricey like MJ. AI's shoes sold well because they were between $80-$120, if I remember correctly, and everyone I knew who had them said they felt great. They look good too. Franchises, even though they look good, really suck on the hoops court. I have a pair. The Kobe's were just damn ugly.

I don't know if signing LeBron to that much money is a good investment. His hype is crazy now, so maybe his popularity has peaked somewhat. That means it'll go down from here. A lot will also have to do with how much playing time he gets his first year. And then there's the marketing (which I'm sure the commercials and street marketing will be A+ b/c of the money involved). And then there's the shoe look and quality. Few shoes have both. So, that's a lot of factors to be careful with.

15. Parlett316

I still hope he's a bust since it will make the media to look like idiots.

16. Live

Live Member

Parlett,

Everyone already knows the media is the devil in this situation. They don't need a failing LeBron to validate that.

My only wish is that he goes anywhere but Cleveland, preferably across country. Too many hanger-ons in Ohio\The Midwest, they're going to smother LeBron.

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I hope he goes to the Clippers.

18. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

An 18-year-old will be paid $150 million to wear a particular pair of shoes.

A 10-year-old will be paid 25 cents a day to make them.

19. Parlett316

When I think about it, who's worse? His mother or the media?

20. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I can't believe all the shoe companies are betting so heavily on LeBron before he even played a single pro game! With the bad economy, it's lot of money! What IF he is a bust? People thought Grant Hill/Spreware (sp?)/ Carter were next MJ, but its all bubble. Now LeBron sign bigger deal than Kobe/T-Mac before he is even proven? Unbelievable! I will be so happy to see LeBron go bust next season.