1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron *unsurprisingly* criticizes team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 24, 2019.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

LeBum James throws teammates under the bus °ACTIVATED° :D

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why does he care? Thought he wanted to be in movies and stuff post-career? I thought this was his Hollywood audition, surprised he wasn't at the Oscars last night making connections.

Everyone knows if he wanted to win there were at least 4 other teams he could have gone to.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Agree with the sentiment of "why'd you choose LA then?"

Remember how you did the heel turn and joined a super team? At least it made sense.

And then your hometown team rebuilt, got lucky with Kyrie and signed anyone you wanted just to bring you back? At least it made sense.

Seriously...why LA? You could've gone to the Suns.

malakas and Jake Tower like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

All those teams would be amazing to get coverage of. Problem is, they're almost all small-market teams and they don't have a dude named LeBron on them.

Even at its most nauseating height, it's easier to appeal to the casual NBA fan using "LA," "Lakers" and "LeBron."

No one cares how Indy is doing so well without Oladipo or how Giannis, a much better player than LeBron has been this year, is leading his team to the top seed in the East. Even the Golden State darlings aren't getting talked about - at least, not more so than LeBron and LA.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I've asked that same question before as well. Did we talk about the Clippers this much last season (also in LA, also in 10th place around this time)? Hell, I was screaming at the top of my lungs at Staples when they were playing the rockets that this team isn't even the best team in LA right now, let alone a team worth paying attention to. I mean, LeBron can do whatever he feels is best, and if he was honest about his choices and decisions I wouldn't care. If he said, "I chose LA because they are rebuilding and it gives me a chance to consider my career long after basketball" I would support him. But the fallacy that he's going to win a championship this season? Come on. LeBron, you've always played next to at least one star, you got none of that in LA.

6. got em COACH

Plot twist °Lakers trade LeBum for AD to the pelicans. Now that would be icing to his cry baby carerrlol

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This thread will help:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1809628

ghettocheeze, Sajan and Jake Tower like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron is my guy, but he may have overestimated his pull/ability to get others to come play with him. George was strike 1. He gets another shot this summer.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This makes the Rockets loss to the Lakers so much more disappointing. Without that win, the Lakers meltdown would be much more dramatic and delicious.

Sajan likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Say what you will. He Cares.

It just does not matter.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it's all a charade. This is the narrative LeBron and Co are running so that it saves him from the public humiliation that he went to a shitty situation with the sole purpose of setting himself up for longterm gains via his projects outside of basketball.

Who's the easiest target right now? His teammates. I mean LeBron already wanted them gone so it's not like he needs to salvage any relationships he have with them.

Who's the next easiest target? His coach. Magic might not have liked Walton from the start and LeBron's people putting out whispers that Luke's seat is hot only helps Magic bring in someone else.

LeBron's grand design is "Let's try to acquire as many top players as possible so we can TRY to win a championship or two. Worst case, my presence makes the Lakers a hot ticket again for a few years and I get to conduct business closer to home"

He doesn't care about winning more championships; it's all for show.

12. got em COACH

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

100%.

It was widely accepted that he went to LA for non-basketball-reasons. "More than an athlete."

This teammate criticizing stuff has to wear thin to the other guys.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Handles

Handles Member

This dude doesn’t care about winning anymore. That much was evident when he chose LA. If LeBron says all he lives for is winning basketball games, he’s a hypocrite.

LeBron is in LA for his brand first and foremost. Winning would just be a bonus, but it’s not why he’s there. Everyone with a brain understands this.

You reap what you sow LeBron. You willingly chose a crappy team. Have fun with it.

clutchdabear and Sajan like this.
  15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Lakers are coming full circle back to this:

Can't wait!

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't wait for tonight's installment of the LeBron Crybaby Hour

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lebron leaves his guy wide open, he hits a 3. Gets mad at his team mates

Easy and Jontro like this.
  18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I don't understand how people rate this dude higher than Hakeem. Put Hakeem on that Heat team with the most talent in the league and he cake walks his way to 4 chips.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I watched a few highlights today of his performances from past playoffs series. You can clearly tell he is not the same player anymore.
    He has definitely lost a step and will continue to decline. I think the Lakers are 2-3 years late on getting him to make any sort of meaningful noise in the playoffs.

Lebron has gotten to the point where the drama and media attention is not worth the talent he currently brings.

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

All I got to say is. . . .

WELCOME TO THE WEST MUTHRFKER!!

Bearded13 and Sajan like this.