1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lebron to announce FA choice at 3PST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jul 9, 2014.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Got a feeling you're right.

Why would Bosh be in Ghana right now if he was on the verge of signing a max contract with Houston? Forget it.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Since I couldn't possibly keep up: are still the only "clues" that LeBron flew to Miami with Wade, the Cavs preparing to do some trades and Sheridan saying he will go to Cleveland? Did I miss anything?

Let me say something: I totally understand this is an important decision for LeBron, it will probably define his legacy. And I totally understand taking his time. But he knew pretty much all he had to know after the Finals. He probably have been thinking about this for much now. You can't tell me he really hasn't made up his mind yet. I don't know if this is about enjoying the spotlight, but I can't imagine it is. So why the hold up? Is it really about a nike marketing campaign not being ready yet?

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I know every one of those FAs is, at least, enticed by playing with Dwight and James. The Chandler Parsons signing must have turned quite a few heads too. How could it not? They have each have 5 teams with situations worth listening to. Chicago, big market, great coach, great big man with crazy adverse skills. LA is the Mecca of Basketball love, the situational issue is the bench isn't deep, but it's ready to contend next year if the right guy signs in LA. Knicks are in NYC and if you haven't been to NYC before you should go, amazing city. Miami can finagle a big 3 again and it's been to the Finals four straight times while being near an incredible beach. Houston plus anyone equals favorites to win it all, but the NBA seems to hate Houston and the players may not be serious enough about winning because their team defense is atrocious.

Easy choice, right? I'd probably take a while too. Do your thing free agents! I just hope your conclusion is eventually H-TOWN!!!

4. Granville

Granville Member

No meeting with Gilbert to patch things up, worries me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HCCyvAwbbso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Sure - but what can those teams tell you, that you didn't know before?

Chicago? You knew from the get go you'd play with Noah and Rose, you'd have a good coach, Boozer would be gone and probably one of Gibson/Butler as well.

LA? You knew you'd play with Kobe, you knew about all the marketing stuff and you knew LA would do anything to get another star and would go all in for Love next season.

NY? Melo and scrubs.

CLE? Kyrie, Waiters and Wiggins - possibly add Love for Wiggins.

MIA? Continue big three, add complimentary pieces.

HOU? Harden, Howard, Parsons, Beverly.

Those things were all known. Nothing Morey could tell him would suprise him, and the same would pretty much go for every other team. Cleveland perhaps a little because of a possible Love trade - LA perhaps a little because their future is wide open. But he pretty much knew exactly what he would get into with every team. And he probably was thinking about it for a while.

And if I were him, I'd only think about two teams: MIA and CLE. IF he'd leave for another superior team (HOU or CHI) he'd be called a mercenary as his legacy. If he'd leave for LA or NY he'd be called out for just wanting the big lights (and it would be the hardest way to win again). So either stay in MIA and make it a dynasty or return to CLE and redeem himself (as well as forming a much younger big 3).

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I'm afraid you may be right. I've posted this a few times, but when the big 3 came together they played the same game. They all knew Miami was there destination but like primadonnas just took there time.

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

From memory Michael Jordan couldn't stand Jerry Krause.

8. Granville

Granville Member

Krause never trashed Jordan the way Lebron got trashed by Gilbert

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Chris Bosh just need to stop bein a pussay and make a first move. But naaah, he's waiting till LeBron make a move.

10. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

There's something to be said about making your own choice and facing up to the ramifications versus having your choice made for you and having a scapegoat to take the heat off of yourself. Just waiting because a scapegoat situation may present itself instead of taking charge and facing the music of public reaction is off-putting to me. I don't deserve to get an explanation of the circumstances, but if you want fan support, you won't B.S. them like they're stupid children. Yes, I'm talking about NBA free agency.

11. Smook

Smook Member

Chris Bosh actin like he's LeBron's *****

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He's not acTing.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Woj: As decision nears, LeBron James flies to Miami with Dwyane Wade

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

15. JD88

JD88 Member

He is, and its really strange.

The weirdest part of it all, is that Bosh has not been included in, well, pretty much anything since this fiasco began, but yet he still wants to hang around.

Go home Bosh.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Chris bosh is on vacation and has been there since FA started. I'm sure he hasn't exactly had the best presentation from the Rockets. Even the idea that he will automatically sign with us if LeBron leaves is based upon hearsay.

Be prepared for anything, friends.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know what is going to happen, but Bosh is playing it right regardless. LBJ has to make the first move. Bosh's decision is LBJ's decision and Bosh going first would be like a House Committee Chair going public with a national security secret just before the President addressed the nation. Bosh and others, including Morey, know what is up and the fact that Morey is still playing the Bosh game is telling. Bosh may be in darkest Africa, but his agent is in the US and there are means to communicate with someone in Ghana. Like Howard said last night, have some patience.

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been running into a couple players &amp; industry people here in Vegas and their gut is LeBron goes back to Cleveland. Again, just gut feeling.</p>&mdash; Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/statuses/487547236352393216">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Not what I wanted to read when I woke up, Woj. This would be the ultimate heel move by LeBron. Man, this is like when you thought Triple H was turning face again, then he gave the Pedigree to HBK.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So he's gonna do what he did to Cleveland 4 years ago to the Miami Heat. Dude is a ****ing diva, makes me believe more the p***y cramp he had. Or maybe he's told to do this because the ratings are off the chart$$.