1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LeBron Talk] Finals MVP on a losing team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, Jun 15, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

Given the right opportunity...Should we consider getting Kevin Martin back?

Should we? The guy is as good a 3pt shooter as you'll find. He gets to the free throw line at will. He's a open court finisher that can thrive in a 3pt/Layup oriented system like ours. He's definitely not a superstar, but he'd certainly look good playing next to the 2 we got here. His defense is, ehh, no comment:( His stats last year:

Points 21.5
    3pt% 39.3
    FT% 88
    FTA 5.3

His points per game aren't a factor given Minnesota sucks. What I like is his 3pt percentage has always been hovering around 40%, and he gets to the line and actually HITS his free throws. Honestly, he maybe one of the easiest players to get being Minnesota has absolutely no direction right now. Would you guys be open to bringing him back?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It is a different conversation....one you initiated by asking:

Of which I illustrated numerous instances of acceptable performances with above or near 40% usage rating. Where all of them in the finals, well no, there just isn't a large enough population to show that. However, by expanding your scope to the playoffs, reveals numerous instances. I find your blanket dismissal of that because "it's not the finals" to be rather weak. But too each their own.

I don't disagree with any of that.

I just take exception to the ridiculous standard this board (and the national media) holds Harden too, but Lebron gets a pass for this mediocre performance.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You gave numerous one game examples of guys scattered over decades - none of them really are that comparable except arguably Iverson in 2001 and I'd say LeBron outclassed him by a fair margin this year in the Finals based on any metric you want to argue.

This doesn't really have anythign to do with Harden. It's pretty crazy to say that it's a mediocre perfomance when literally nobody else on the planet (except maybe Harden or Westbrook) could do the same thing as well or would even be trusted to do so.

Being a guy who can even do 40% usage for a 6 game series at the end of the season puts you in rare company. Consisting of pretty much almost nobody.

4. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i am not a stat guy or anything, but i know from what i see in the finals, Lebron's performance is epic at least, harden's performance is not even close to that, Lebron led a D league team, got a 4-2 seires, Harden led a much talented squad and only got 4-1 series, go figure, BTW Iggy is not MVP, switch iggy and lebron, iggy won't have half the number on a Cavs D league team:eek:

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Congratulations, you have officially lost your mind, especially when a raging alcoholic like samfisher has to try to talk some sense into you.